28 October 2014

MAPOGALMAEGI, PANTAI INDAH KAPUK


Annyeong! Let me introduce you to the newest Korean restaurant at PIK: Mapogalmaegi! I'm not even sure it's gonna be the newest for a long time because the growth of PIK is soo fast! If you're a frequent visitor who goes there once in a couple of months, you'll understand what I'm talking about! By the way, if you have a difficulty finding it among so many restaurants that are available in the area, you'll find Mapogalmaegi in line with Shirokuma!


You'll find 2 types of tables here, the round one, which is near the entrance and probably only fit for 2 people, and the square one, which is on the photos here and where me and some of my blogger friends sat, cause I find it disturbing to have people passing around while I'm eating.


They don't provide that many banchans here, which I think is why the tables are so small, cause even when the banchans are not that many, it's enough to fill the whole table. Lol!


PAJEON
It was okay, nothing out of the ordinary. Most Korean restaurants have these, a really simple and traditional Korean pancake!



At first, I thought this was made of eggs, turned out it was potatoes! 


KIMCHI
Every Korean restaurant have to have one! I like the ones that has a slight tangy taste and this one did a pretty good job on it!



Don't really know what it's called but it's some kind of salad, with DRAGON FRUITS!!



Look! I'm doing high-tea, but with meats! :D



MAPOKALSAMGYEOPSAL IDR 95,8K
Delicious pork belly that is always on my menu! Can't never skip some pork bellies when a restaurant has one! Let me tell you, all of the meats here are super tender, super juicy, and all yummy! There's just something different with the texture of the meats here!


This is some eggs like those in Gomawo, but here, they mix it with kimchi and the texture's also different. The one in Gomawo's more like omelettes, on the other hand, the eggs here were a bit scrambled, so the texture's softer. I prefer Gomawo's though!



Welcome, the champion of pork bellies!! Love the tender and juiciness of it, and how it's not too oily! Usually, I love to dip my Korean meat into the sesame and oil but for this one, I prefer not to cause it's already beautiful just the way it is!


The portion's not actually this small, this was because we divided it into 2 portion, so don't worry!

These're 2 meats cooked together, maybe it was to save time. Guessing that they use the same marination on every meat, cause all of them taste the same, except for the spicy ones I guess?



HANGJUNGSAL IDR 95K
Delicious tender pork jowls skinless! From what I know, pork jowls is pork cheeks; the slip of meat in the hollow of the cheek, underneath the animal's eye, but it's not as weird as it sounds! The meat is relatively lean and very moist, usually you'd need marbled fat to get the same degree of tenderness of this jowls. Try it and you'll be addicted!!


MAPOJUMEOKGOGI IDR 85,8K
Special pork collar which was like small pieces of juicy tenderloins! Pork collar is from the neck area and it actually is a cheaper cut of meat, but this by no means implies that it is less delicious! The collar meat is slightly fatty so it won't dry out easily making it super tender and juicy! Yummy!


MAPODAEJIGALBI IDR 95,8K
This mapo marinated prime short rib is the most recommended in this restaurant! I can see why it's recommended, the taste was different than the others, it leans more to the sweet side, which is good, but I prefer the savory ones better. Still, it was worth the try!


Somehow, I feel that this was really not photogenic cause one, it's cut meat and the another thing was the annoying burnt eggs on the sides!


Look at that shiny ribs everybody!


JAPCHAE IDR 89,8K
Mixed, stirred and sesame seasoned sweet potato noodles with various vegetables and seasonings.

Was slightly surprised that we got this Japchae for free, cause the owner somehow knew we were food bloggers (note that we took lots of photos and stuff). Well, nothing really special about it. just like any other Japchaes I've ever tasted, but still thankful though!


MAEKOMTTEOKBOKI IDR 55,8K
Spicy savory braised dish of sliced rice cake.

The smell and color of this Teokboki was really nice, but the taste was totally disappointing! I didn't enjoy it at all and it was way too spicy for me. This is also from the owner but it was a definite NO for me! Sorry, but maybe the cheese teokboki would've been a better choice!



I'd definitely recommend the meats here, though for the other dishes; not so much, but the meats is really worth the try! Seriously, two thumbs up for the meats, you have to try it!

Mapogalmaegi
Ruko Crown Golf Blok A No.11
Pantai Indah Kapuk
Jakarta Utara
021-29525780

Opening Hours :
Everyday : 10:00 am - 10:00pm




No comments:

Post a Comment