19 February 2015

ROBA YAKITORI


Happy Chinese New Year to all those that celebrates it and happy holidays everyone! Is anybody looking for a casual dining today? If so, then you've come to the right post! A new restaurant from Pancious group has landed itself in Taman Anggrek Mall called Roba Yakitori and as you guessed it, they sell various kinds of yakitori here!


I was a bit surprised that Roba is from Pancious group, since Roba sells Japanese foods while Pancious sells pancake, which is not even Asian, but it's true and they even made the 2 next to each other here!


The various uncooked yakitori are all lined up for display and to order you need to go there and place your orders, the staff will write it down for you, show the paper to the cashier then pay for them and you'll be given a number to bring to your seat, which all you need to do now is wait!


Here are some yummy looking raw yakitori!!




After ordering some yakitori, next is time for some sashimi, my favorite! There's not much to choose from but they do have the essentials like salmon, inari, tamago, and more! After this is some bottled and canned beverages but I'd definitely order their ocha instead!


The ocha is a self-service, so you'll be given the glass by the cashier, cold nor hot, and fill it on the machine you'll see below!


Thankfully, they did not left out the dessert part! It's only matcha ice cream but that's better then nothing, right?


MATCHA ICE CREAM IDR 16K
After eating all those meaty yakitori, ending it with a mildly sweet and cold ice cream is a really relieving way to go!


Before we start with the yakitori, I just wanna say that all the price here is for each stick!

CHICKEN LEG MISO IDR 15K
Starting of with something with a sweet aftertaste! Yeap, the miso here is a sweetened and is a perfect mix of sweet and savory with a tender chicken leg!


CHICKEN BALL TERIYAKI IDR 15K
Portion-wise, this one is the biggest one, though that's the only benefit of it. Not my cup of tea, since it's too plain and the meat was leaning a bit to the dry side!


CHICKEN BREAST GARLIC MIRIN IDR 15K
Now here's something a bit different! They say it's mirin but I didn't taste any mirin on it, yet it's strangely good! It's a bit creamy and savory with a hint of sweetness and don't you just think that it looks the most inviting?


CHICKEN BREAST KATSU IDR 20K
For the last chicken-based we had here is a more familiar taste, which is this katsu and there's really nothing wrong with this one, since a simple breaded process is not that hard, you can't mess up easily!



BEEF ENOKI TERIYAKI IDR 22K
Going on to the beefs, we'll start with my favorite! I prefer this one cause I think it's the most juicy out of all. The beef wrapping the enoki really looks like bacon, doesn't it? Don't worry though, it's not pork! (Sadly..)



BEEF TENDERLOIN TERIYAKI IDR 30K
Good but nothing special. A simple tender and juicy beef coated with teriyaki sauce, which goes beautifully with the meat! I'd happily choose the others, which are more complex though!


BEEF ASPARAGUS TERIYAKI IDR 28K
This one's similar to the enoki but the asparagus is not as juicy as the enoki, so I'd still prefer the initial!



BEEF TENDERLOIN GARLIC MIRIN IDR 30K
Similar to the chicken one, except they use beef for this one. The chicken is easier on the mouth but the beef is really full of flavor and juicy, so pick your favorite!



BEEF LETTUCE TERIYAKI IDR 22K
Another similar menu to the enoki and I still prefer the enoki. This was my least favorite out of the three though, since with the same price you can get the juicy enoki and there's really nothing special about the lettuce, other than it's healthy(?), maybe? However, by the looks of it, I doubt the lettuce can still be considered healthy!



SABA TERIYAKI IDR 30K
Finishing with fish dishes is really recommended, since it's lighter, which you'll really be glad of after all the heavy chicken and beef! The saba here is really fresh, so you can rest assured that there'll be no smell from it, which is quite rare if I say so myself!


SALMON WASABI BUTTER IDR 32K
This might not be everyone's favorite but personally I think this has a very interesting and unique taste! The wasabi is not that strong, since the butter kind of overpowered it, which I'm guessing is because it'll be easier to accept. I'd prefer if it was a bit stronger though, cause it beats the idea of wasabi this way but anything for the majority, huh?



YAKITORI BENTO 2B IDR 52K
Chicken leg miso, chicken breast teriyaki.

They also has a bento for those who're looking for a fulfilling meal! There's not much bento menu because they're more focused on the single yakitori menus but I'm just happy there's tamago on the bento! I love tamago! :D


YAKITORI BENTO 3A IDR 62K
Chicken leg miso, chicken ball teriyaki, chicken skin shio.

The 2 and 3 on the name just stands for the amount of yakitori in it, A and B is the choices of different yakitori, so for this 3A, you'll get 3 yummy yakitori to go with your bento! They also has katsu ones if you prefer those!


INARI WAKAME IDR 20K
Continuing with some salads! Here, they don't serve a typical inari but a filled one! There's 3 varieties of filled inari; spicy salmon, kani mayo, and wakame, I'll just say I love wakame and inari, so having the 2 combined just created this piece of heaven!


WAKAME IDR 15K
The wakame here is really fresh and the only minus point here is the portion..it's just too small for me!


INARI KANI MAYO IDR 22K
Here's the other filled inari and I also enjoy kani, so this is just perfect! Actually, all of the filled inari has my favorite items! So it's an absolute yes for the filled inari!


SALMON HEAD TERIYAKI / SHIO IDR 50K
Don't get freaked out yet! Let me say that this is really good! There's a lot of meat on it and with either teriyaki or shio, it's all yummy! Don't know since when I became such a huge fan of salmon heads, but I'm glad I did!


Just couldn't get enough of these!!


The highlight of this plate below is definitely the Shitake Teriyaki IDR 18K! The soft and chewy shitake is like a treat compared to the others!


It's always a happy news to know that such a decent restaurant has opened near home! Seeing as I often find myself at Taman Anggrek Mall for whatever reason, Roba would definitely be a regular for me! They have the most decent yakitori in West Jakarta! Why wouldn't I be?

Roba Yakitori
Mall Taman Anggrek
3rd Floor #301
Jl. Letjen S. Parman Kav. 21
Jakarta Barat 11470

Opening Hours :
Everyday : 10:00 am - 10:00 pm

WEBSITE
FACEBOOK
TWTITER
INSTAGRAM


2 comments: