28 March 2015

SATOO RED NIGHT - Shangri-La

Back with another hotel buffet review..and today our lucky choice is the all time famous SATOO, Shangri-La! We're given the chance to try SATOO's recent crazy idea, which is called Red Night that started on 20th November 2015. This program is available every Thursday evening and everything here will all be red! From the decorations to most of the foods, even the staff's usual orange uniform will turn red! They first came out with the idea of this for seafood only, since red is from how seafood turns red when cooked but decided otherwise and just made everything red! Not only that, at 7 pm, there will also be a dazzling parade of red desserts going around the restaurant before placed for us to feast on!


Starting off with red meat appetizers. Now, don't make me explain why I'm starting with these meat version of salads but I'm a person who'd choose meat over veggies!



I'd prefer a thinner slice of salami but this one gives off better flavor, just not better the texture!



Can you sense those hints of reds? Look at that red pasta! Though it looks lovely, I don't think I'm gonna eat it until I know they uses natural coloring!


Pasta section! No, there's no red pasta here (thankfully) but here are the usual pasta with various choices of toppings and sauce. Just ask the chef to cook it to your liking!


SPAGHETTI AGLIO OLIO
When it comes to pasta, aglio olio is a must for me cause you can really judge someone's cooking skills from the simplest dish, right? I'd say, they did well with this! For the topping, I asked for salmon and bacon, my 2 favorite aglio olio toppings and having the chance to get it in 1 plate is the best thing I could ask for!


CHEESE FILLED TORTELLONI CARBONARA
Next to the simple aglio olio, we decided to try something more daring and that is this cheese filled tortelloni and not stopping with cheese filling, we went overboard and asked for a carbonara out of it! I do think it tasted okay but since we ate it after it turned way too cold that the cream kinda frozen off, we definitely had a hard time devouring it. Admitting that this is our fault, sorry!


Next to it is the noodle section, where a lot of Indonesian traditional noodle toppings are prepared! From eggs, bean-curd to meat and fish balls!



I immediately skipped to the Chinese section, where these beautiful peking ducks are!


The peking duck is like any other peking ducks I've had and the usual ones are already good, so I have no problem at all with this!


All I could say is that the Chinese section is probably my favorite one, cause not only do they have peking duck, it's also where various of pork are!


Look at that glazed charsiu and they fit the theme perfectly, since charsiu is red!


That is officially the thickest roast pork belly I've ever seen! I love how crunchy it is and not overly hard as if you're biting glass! Really need to check on my cholesterol after this! :')



Not only Chinese, there are other Asian cuisines here, like this curry and of course, it has to be RED curry! Didn't really try it but smells amazing!




Another favorite Asian food of mine is this ribs soup (sup iga) and I'm really upset that I forgot to try it!! When I saw this, I was still holding onto a plate and was planning to come back for it after I'm finished with it but I totally forgot!! Stupid me!


Going off topic here but I wonder how they grab those pans above. It's sooo high up!


At the meat station, I'd give the spotlight to this yummy beef!


You're recommended to eat the beef slices with these Yorkshire pudding! Trust me, it's really satisfying! And you can clearly see that it's a perfect medium rare, so expect some tender and juicy meat!




Moving on to another world's best cuisine, Indian!



I only tried the prawn tandoori, since I'm halfway full and the only thing that interest me is this. The spices are really strong, typical of Indian foods, they're strong point is their seasonings!


Sushi and sashimi time!!!



Well, nothing can really go wrong when it comes to sashimi as long as their fresh and there's no need to doubt the quality control of SATOO. They're famous for a reason!


Can't deny that they look super tempting! There's no way I can ignore them!


There's also a nigiri version of the tuna and salmon if you're more into that. Personally, I prefer the sashimi, since the rice will just make me full before I can satisfy my cravings!


They don't only have tuna and salmon but also octopus, tamago, and snapper. Yeap, the whole gang is here!


They also have not only makizushi but also temaki!


And of course, Red Night's highlight; fresh seafood! My love for seafood totally shines through here, I can't count on how many prawns I had that day...all I know is a cholesterol expert won't be happy about it!



Even their raw oysters are super fresh! It's not smelly at all and if you've been curious about how raw oysters taste like, I suggest you try this one! Don't forget those lemons too!


On the far back is where the refreshments are, from juices to fruits!


And if you're torn on picking juice or fruits, why not go for a fruit cocktail? It's both in 1..perfect, right? For the juice, don't expect fresh juice though, cause they only provide bottled juice. I recommend you try their special jamu, there're various kinds that you can choose from! I love the ginger and brown sugar one, which is said to give you more energy and yes, each different one has different benefits!


Last but definitely NOT least; DESSERTS!!! Yeah! My favorite part! On a glance, you can really feel the overwhelming pretty red color!



If the red is not obvious enough for you than check this out! Red chocolate fountain! Ha! Although it's not really red, it's pink but I feel safer eating a soft colored food rather than a blazing red one, since who knows how many food coloring put in it! 


You'll find some unusual things to go with this pink fondue and that is candied fruits! I'm used to fruits like strawberries, melons, grapes, etc but I've never seen candied ones provided for a fondue but don't worry they also have the normal fruits available, so if you don't like candied fruits, there's still those and this Indonesian traditional cake, Lapis Surabaya!


Now, for some red dessert madness! Here's some of the red desserts provided!







..and I decided that I'll try every single one of them! Call me crazy but that's just how I roll! Lol! What can I say, they're all begging for me to try them!! How many plates do I need for all of them you ask? It's a total of 3 full plates of desserts!! :D



Out of all the delicious desserts, the one that left a sticking impression would be the macarons! The best macarons I've ever tasted! It's not too sweet with a perfect texture and I kinda ate more or less 7 of them...that's just how good they're!


Some extra that for you gentlemen, if you're planning to propose your loved ones here during the Red Night, you should tell the staff beforehand upon reservation and you can get a 50% discount from both of your bills, excluding the alcohol of course, and you'll also receive a cake and rose to make that night more special! If that's not a good deal, I don't know what is! Book your reservation now!

THANK YOU SATOO, SHANGRI-LA JAKARTA FOR THE DAZZLING RED NIGHT DINNER!

Buffet Prices :
Red Night (Thursday) : IDR 398,000++/pax (including drinks)
Weekdays Dinner : IDR 320,000++/pax (excluding drinks)

SATOO
Shangri-la Hotel Jakarta
Kota BNI, Level 1
JL. Jend. Sudirman Kav. 1
Jakarta Pusat
021-29399562

Opening Hours :
Breakfast :
Monday - Friday : 06:00 am - 10:00 am
Saturday - Sunday & Public Holidays : 06:00 am - 10:30 am

Lunch :
Monday - Friday : 12:00 pm - 02:30 pm
Saturday - Sunday & Public Holidays : 12:00 pm - 03:00 pm

Dinner :
Sunday - Thursday : 06:00 pm - 10:30 pm
Friday - Saturday : 06:00 pm - 11:00 pm



3 comments:

  1. Couple of my friends have been to this Red night and told me that it’s completely out of this world experience and one must be a part of this night once. I wish it so badly if even one of Boston restaurants had a similar concept but I searched online and couldn’t find any.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The professionals at our financial planning firm are dedicated to helping clients define and create a plan to reach their financial goals. We pride ourselves on delivering objective, strategic, and prudent advice designed to help our clients accumulate, retain, protect and transfer wealth.Insight Wealth Strategies was founded in 2002 by David Chazin, the CEO and a fee-based financial planner. Over the period of 17 years, we have expanded our presence through San Francisco Bay Area and Texas with offices in: San Ramon, Livermore, Point Richmond, CA and Houston, TX.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rocky Mountain Raw Pet Food Company is singularly unique in that we use only free range wild game from the tops of the pristine mountains and valleys throughout the Rocky Mountains. We are the wild game processors who carefully prepare and package the product by hand. Finally, we distribute our product directly to you.

    ReplyDelete