30 June 2015

YELLOWFIN (NEW MENUS)


Yellowfin is one of OPCO's and so as Portico, H5, and Koffie Warung Tinggi. OPCO used to have a line of all their restaurants in Grand Indonesia's 5th floor but for some reason, most of them closed down, including Yellowfin! We were a bit shock by that, since Yellowfin has been famous for their delicious dishes! Well, no worries, cause you can still find this Yellowfin at Senopati!


They're offering some new menus here, since the market here is still great. Yellowfin here in Senopati is still crowded, so I don't think they will close down anytime soon! :)


If you don't know already, Yellowfin here is Japanese themed. They're actually called Yellowfin Sake Bar & Kitchen!


OCTOPUS KANKITSURUI IDR 69K
Pan seared baby octopus served with mesclun salad in yuzu dressing.

Though I'm not a big fan of salads, this one is saved by the octopus. Love how fresh this was and I always love when they put citruses on the salad! Gives you that extra freshness!


CRISPY BABY SQUID IN BLACK INK SAUCE IDR 75K
It's a bit tasteless for me, even the black ink sauce! All I tasted was fried flour batter, so I was shocked when I saw how much it costs! Well, Yellowfin has always been famous for their expensiveness but at least they pay attention to their quality!


SHRIMP TEMPURA WITH CREAMY SPICY SAUCE IDR 140K
Whole tiger prawn with chili garlic infused home-made mayo.

Now THIS is what I've been waiting for!! It might look simple but trust me, the taste's really out of this world!! Yes, I'm exaggerating but that's only because it's that good! The prawn's also huge and I've always loved fried prawn with mayonnaise and this is just like your usual fried prawn with mayonnaise taken to a whole different level! Yum!!



TRUFFLE CHAWANMUSHI IDR 69K
Topped with ebiko,truffle and truffle oil.

Some said this smelt fishy but some said it doesn't. I personally think it doesn't, though if you take a bite of it with the ebiko, it does taste a bit fishy. Other than that the texture's super soft, it's like silk! Amazing!



SASHIMI TACOS WITH SAKE SHOTS IDR 150K
Salmon and maguro sashimi chunks serve in taco with double sake shots.

The most expensive taco I've ever had! Lol! I admit that it's really unique and classy. It's taco with sake, so I guess the price is understandable. Didn't try it with the sake shots though, since I'm not really a big fan of alcohol but the taco itself was good enough! My first time eating taco with sashimi and I love it! They're also really generous with the super fresh sashimi!




BUTABARA JALAPENO IDR 69K
Premium Balinese pork belly with a hint of Jalapeno.

Guess this is a fusion of Indonesian and Japanese. This isn't one of the new menu but it's my favorite menu, so it must be included! Lol! Actually, this is a favorite menu in Yellowfin, so it's not only my opinion. Well, who can deny this super tender and juicy pork! Love the fact that the fat's very thin! At least, it's less guilty this way!



WAGYU STEAK TERIYAKI IDR 300K
(200gr MB4-5 wagyu served with sautéed shitake and edamame in garlic butter teriyaki sauce.

Don't be shocked by the price yet, since 1, it's wagyu and 2, it's perfect! The portion's really generous as well! Be spoiled by a super tender and juicy wagyu with a special teriyaki sauce that you won't find anywhere else! You can already smell the awesomeness of it upon being served. Definitely worth every penny!



Even the shiitake mushrooms were delicious!


WAGYU TATAKI IDR 188K
100gr pan seared wagyu MB4-5 served rare with ponzu.

Tataki is a method where the meat is seared very briefly over a hot flame or in a pan, which explains the still rare inner. Obviously not many would like this, since Indonesian rarely eats rare food but because I'm an eater of everything (lol!), I love this! The most important is that it didn't have any bad smell!


YF CHASHU IDR 120K
Premium Balinese pork belly braised YF Chashu Sauce.

Just fyi, YF stands for Yellowfin. This is also another one of my favorite! Anything that's pork is usually my favorite I guess..anyways, it's similar to the butabara with thin fats, even though the slices were thick! Plus, because there're so many fans of this, we got 2 portion, especially for this chashu! Yeay!




WAGYU HAMBURG STEAK
200gr wagyu beef patty in Japanese BBQ sauce served with mesclun salad.

They haven't decided about the price for this one but I'm sure that they'll be really fair about it, cause the prices here really fits the product! For those who doesn't like onions, this might not be your cup of tea, since the smell of onions here is pretty strong but the hamburg is amazing! Are you willing to sacrifice a little bit for this yummy hamburg? :p



GINDARA SAIKYO YAKI IDR 165K
24hr miso marinated Black Cod.

Another fine dish but it didn't really stand out compared to others. Still, it's delicious nonetheless! You can really taste the miso from the tender fish meat with a crispy skin!



ANMITSU IDR 65K
DESSERT!!! Super refreshing, yet milky! I love how even though it's milky, it's not overwhelming! There's jelly and fruits in it, plus a single mochi that I didn't get to try! :') Definitely gonna order this for myself in the next time! Super recommended for a closing meal!



All of their new menus are amazing and not only their new ones but even their old ones are good! I hope that they continue on improving and maintain their amazing quality! So grateful for the great dining experience! Best of luck Yellowfin!

Yellowfin Sake Bar & Kitchen
Jl. Senopati Raya No. 42
Kebayoran Baru
Jakarta Selatan 12110
021-7220394

Opening Hours :
Sunday - Thursday : 11:00 am - 01:00 am
Friday - Saturday : 11:00 am - 02:00 am

WEBSITE
FACEBOOK
TWITTER
INSTAGRAM


1 comment:

  1. Tataki is a method where the meat is seared very briefly over a hot flame or in a pan,

    which explains the still rare inner.

    Obviously not many would like this,

    since Indonesian rarely eats rare food but because I'm an eater of everything (lol!),

    I love this! The most important is that it didn't have any bad smell!
    __________________________________
    Stevan D. Harowitz

    ReplyDelete