08 September 2015

HURRICANE'S GRILL INDONESIA


Calling all ex-Sydneysiders!! We have great news for you; Hurricane's Grill has landed here in Jakarta! Yes, that famous iconic restaurant from Sydney known for their incredible ribs has expanded their wings here, specifically at Gunawarman!



Truthfully, we've never been to Sydney, so we can't really relate to the commotion but hearing how famous it is between our friends who've been there made us excited as well! Hearing how good it is definitely made us have high expectations!



There's another reason why you should dine in Hurricane's Grill! For every main meal you have here, they will donate a few percent of the money to under privileged children in remote areas such as Papua and NTT. This program is called "Meal for Meal" and it's through Yayasan Tangan Pengharapan. Not only will you get good food, you'll also be a blessing, so what are you waiting for?!



We got to taste their specialty dishes on this opening celebration, which all looked incredible by the way!



CAESAR SALAD IDR 128K
With crisp cos lettuce, croutons, bacon, anchovies, shaved parmiagiano and caesar dressing.

As you might have guessed, with all those mouth-watering ribs hanging around, it's almost impossible for me to look at anything else. Meaning I didn't really try any salads...lol! Still, the plating is done beautifully!

MIXED SALAD IDR 118K
With crisp iceberg lettuce, tomato, cucumber, and red onion with vinaigrette dressing.


SIGNATURE PORK RIBS
Half rack IDR 358K
Full rack IDR 548K

Okay, who else is distracted by that huge sized ribs?! So this is their signature pork ribs and I can really understand why this is their signature! I'll forever remember Hurricane's Grill for this and I'd immediately remember Hurricane's Grill each time I spot a huge ribs! I personally like the taste of the beef ribs better but if you're looking for more meat than I'd suggest going with this!



BEEF RIBS
Half rack IDR 358K
Full rack IDR 448K

So now you get why I'd suggest the pork ribs for more meat, right? The difference is just too extreme..lol! Their beef ribs is really such a tease, each rib only has very thin layer of meat and because of that, it has more smokey flavor, hence making it taste better! The sauce's super good as well, though the pork uses the same sauce!




SEAFOOD PLATTER IDR 1.288K
A culmination of all of our seafood and more; fried and salt & pepper calamari, mussels, garlic prawns, scallops, prawn villa moura, and salmon; serves two to three.

Totally blown away by the price! I guess it's reasonable, since there are a lot of scallops, salmon, and other expensive seafood but doesn't change the fact that the price shocked me! What disappointed me was the fact that even though the ingredients are expensive, the taste was mediocre. There's nothing really memorable about this, so it's just like you're paying for the ingredients and not quality taste, which is just too bad!



SOUTHERN CHICKEN BURGER IDR 238K
Though I only tried a bit of it, I could tell that the flavors are strong, since you can really taste it with just a tiny bit of it! It's slightly spicy with tender chicken and I just wished I could have a bigger bite!


CHEESE AND BACON BURGER IDR 238K
Our tasty beef burger with melted cheese and crispy pork bacon.

The melted cheese definitely got me hooked! Though the bacon's not that crispy but maybe that's just because it was already cold when we got to try it! At least the beef patty's not dry!


Though it's my first time trying Hurricane's Grill, I can see why they're famous! Clearly you can't compare them with the one in Sydney, since I don't know why but anything that comes here taste less satisfying than where they came from, so I bet it must have tasted amazing in Sydney! Somebody take us there! :p Wish Hurricane's Grill Indonesia the best of luck and also for the "Meal for Meal" program!


Hurricane's Grill Indonesia
Jalan Gunawarman No. 20
Kebayoran Baru
Jakarta Selatan 12110
021-27513388

Opening Hours :
Sunday - Thursday & Public Holidays : 11:00 am - 10:00 pm
Friday - Saturday : 11:00 am - 11:00 pm

WEBSITE
FACEBOOK
INSTAGRAM


2 comments: