26 November 2015

THE HOOK SENOPATI


Another one has landed at Senopati! Hmm, is it just me or has there been not much new restaurants opening here? Or is it just because I didn't know about it? Well anyways, this place is called The Hook, so it's pretty obvious that it's seafood..lol!



I don't really remember what this place was before, so I don't know if they renovated anything or not. One thing that I'm sure of is that the place is pretty spacey and kinda looks like a pirate bar! :p



It only got 1 floor with a wide bar in the center of the room. When I came here the place was pretty empty though, so I wasn't sure about how the food will taste but the place is too nice and it'll be such a waste to serve bad food. I guess I was a bit hopeful!



Well, there's no point trying to predict anything. Let's just see how the foods taste like!


STRAWBERRY LIME SQUASH IDR 30K
Was expecting this to be very zesty and sour but it turns out pretty good! The soda water really helps and I think the glass is really pretty! See for yourself!


HONEYDEW MELON JUICE IDR 25K
The juices here tasted very pure! Like there's not even any sugar added, I doubt it though, but who knows? The price is very reasonable as well, even if the quantity might be lacking a bit!


STRAWBERRY JUICE IDR 25K


RICA-RICA RIBS IDR 60K
Deep fried grouper ribs served with rica-rica sauce.

Here's one of the chef's recommendation and I can definitely see why! When you read the word ribs, who would've thought that it'll be fish ribs? Well, this is what it looks like. It's also our favorite dish here! Love how tender the fish is and the rica-rica sauce is spicy yet lovely! Do watch out for those nasty fish bones though!



PASIFIC BURGER IDR 108K
Classic burger with grouper fillet and nachos on the side.

Really sorry to tell you that this was my friend's order and I only tried a little piece of it's grouper fillet patty, so I can't really give any detailed description. From what I tried though, it's clear that the patty is just wonderful! The buns not outstanding but decent and the toppings are super generous! There's egg, cheese, lettuce, tomato, and drizzled with sauce!



This is not an illusion, the burger really is pretty big that my friend was totally confused on how to eat it properly..and he's a guy!


Nachos and its salsa! The perfect couple!


THE HOOK PIZZA IDR 82K
Seafood pizza with tomato concasse, black olive, and mozarella cheese.

Our second most favorite dish! Love how decent this pizza is, even though the shape is not the usual circle and nothing can really go wrong with cheesy toppings! The seafood was also in a generous amount, so there won't be a slice where you don't get every topping!



MIXED PLATTER IDR 235K
Calamari, prawn shaslik, fish satay, sweet potato cake, baby potato, seafood nachos, and salad.

Okay, we were totally indecisive on what to get, so why not get everything on 1 plate? Seriously, who ever invented a mixed platter is a genius..lol! Starting with the yummy salad, which I think uses vinaigrette as it's dressing and I love vinaigrette! Don't know which is sweet potato cake but I guess they switch it with fries instead!


These calamaris are super fresh and loving how thin their batter layer is, so it's all calamari there!


Was wishing for a pork satay instead but this is good too. :p I thought the red sauce there is gonna be spicy but it turned out sweet and sour instead..very delicious!



Okay, nachos and salsa is not the best couple, THIS is! Who knew that nachos and seafood go really well with each other?


I don't get why people like to put sauce on a shrimp still with its shell, isn't the sauce will just stick to the shell that will be removed? It's a good thing that for these, the flavor has really been absorbed by the shrimp, so it's still good! You just have to get down and dirty when removing the shells!




Here's a fun fact! Did you know that The Hook actually has 2 meanings? 1 is to indicate that it's a seafood restaurant and 2 is because it's location. This is literally located on a hook. How creative!


The Hook
Jl. Cikatomas II No.35
Kebayoran Baru, Senopati
Jakarta Selatan 12180
021-27513528

WEBSITE
FACEBOOK
TWITTER
INSTAGRAM


No comments:

Post a Comment