22 November 2015

WEE NAM KEE INDONESIA


Can you believe that Wee Nam Kee has decided to open a branch in Indonesia?! If you don't know the gossip, it is said that they didn't want to open any branch at all. Their real home is actually in Singapore and even though I haven't tried the ones there, the news definitely stirs up my curiosity!


In Indoensia, Wee Nam Kee has chosen The Breeze, BSD to open their first branch..kinda sad that they didn't choose Jakarta but it's okay! Heard that Sinarmas Land is going to upgrade The Breeze and that there'll be lots of new restaurants coming in. Can't wait!


If we're talking about interiors, theirs is really typical of a Chinese restaurant; round tables, Chinese ornaments, etc. I'm a bit glad that the tables are wooden though!


Here, like most restaurants, they have 2 floors and I don't know if this is just me or does the design of this place reminds you of Song Fa? Same designers maybe? This is purely just my assumptions!


The space between tables on the second floor is strangely close, I guess it's because they want to make the second floor for a more private event(?) The second floor here is like a small function room!




This is why I say there's Chinese ornaments..red lanterns! Can't get anymore Chinese than this! :p


Pleased to introduce to you, Mr. Wee! Yeap, he's the man behind Wee Nam Kee, if you can't guess from the name already!


Let's start the feast now, shall we?


CHICKEN RICE SET IDR 49K
Well, since the place is actually called Wee Nam Kee Chicken Rice, it's pretty obvious that this must be their signature! For this chicken, you can get either roasted one or steamed. This set also consists of hainam rice and soup, which are both good, since nothing can really go wrong with hainam rice. I do love the chicken though, it's super good! I don't usually like the chicken's sauce, since it usually reeks of Chinese liquor (arak) but not this one!


HALF CHICKEN IDR 96K
This half chicken is said to be enough for 3 to 4 people and you can get either all roasted, all steamed, or mixed like this here! I personally liked the roasted better but the steamed ones are pretty good too! I recommend that you try both to find your own preference!



PRAWN ROLLS IN BEANCURD IDR 48K
I find this similar to what I usually call ngohiong. Don't really know what it's called in English but I guess those who knows their Chinese foods will know what that is! This here is a perfect appetizer and you can really taste the prawns, which means it's in a generous amount!



STIR FRIED CHICKEN CUBES WITH DRIED CHILI IDR 42K
This is like kungpao chicken and I love those! First time I knew about kungpao chicken was when I was still in high school and fell in love with it ever since. One thing you gotta remember is that it has to be accompanied with rice though, especially this one, since the flavor is very strong! The taste of black pepper and dried chili stings! Be sure to eat it with the cashew nuts as well!


DUMPLING SOUP (6 PCS) IDR 56K
I was expecting something more from this, since the other dishes were amazing but it turns out to be just a typical dumpling soup. Nothing really special about this except their huge size, a bit tasteless even. Well, their size is really something though, can you believe that there're only 6 pieces in that bowl, cause it sure looks full!


PRAWN PASTE CHICKEN WING IDR 38K
Don't underestimate this! It's not just any normal chicken wing, it's chicken wings with prawn paste as their coating! You can really taste the prawn, it's the best of both worlds! Though some of you might hesitate a bit, cause I'm guessing that this is a broiler chicken. Well, can you deny that the unhealthy ones taste better? :')



CRISPY MANTAO BREAD WITH CONDENSED MILK IDR 35K
Yeay! My favorite dessert!! This is my most favorite desserts since I was just a little kid! My grandma used to always make these for me and I usually eat it without any additional and even then I loved it. I first knew that this would taste even better with condensed milk was like last year..lol! Anyways, the mantao here was a bit too oily for me but no worries, just dab it with tissue paper, it helps! :p


They also have an outdoor, which I won't prefer in the afternoon. Way too hot to be there! I recommend to sit here only at night time! Careful of the rain season though!



Wee Nam Kee
The Breeze
Jl. Grand Bulevard BSD
Green Office Park BSD City
Serpong, Tangerang
021-50386885

Opening Hours :
Everyday : 10:00 am - 09:00 pm

No comments:

Post a Comment