30 April 2014

GOJUMONG KOREAN TRADITIONAL GRILL


Yeap! I love Korean cuisine, cause there's gonna be lots of deliciously hand grilled meats!! Gojumong is a Korean traditional grill restaurant that is located at Panglima Polim. I didn't know at first that there's a Korean restaurant at PangPol, but I found this while searching aimlessly for "Korean cuisine, Pangpol", found "Gojumong", tap the address to my GPS, and hit the road!!
I have little to no sense of direction, so I go everywhere with my GPS. No sweat finding the place since it's located almost across of Mama Goose and there're sooo many cars parked there. I thought it was full by the looks of the car park, but when we got in, we were the only ones there. So, whose cars were those?! 


After seated, the waiter will ask you if you wanted to have your food cooked on display. 
I, of course, agreed, I need to catch it on camera!


The price here is actually reasonable and like most other Korean diner, your table will be filled with fancy side dishes. Here, the side dishes are not as many as usual though, but still enough.

















Where there is pork, I'd absolutely side on it! It might be non-halal or whatever, but I still ultimately love it! All the dishes I ordered here contains pork. So without waiting long, the piggies finally arrived~

JAP CHAE
IDR 120K/ 1 PORTION
IDR 60K/ ½ PORTION
Stir-fried noodles with meat and vegetables.
Jap Chae literally means mixed vegetables, flavored with soy sauce and also sweetened with sugar. So you can imagine that this dish taste a bit sweet and with bits of pork in it. You can choose 1 portion or half if you just want to try it, but I was a group of 4 so half certainly won't be enough. I was expecting more of this, but the taste is really plain. It was too bad cause the other dishes tasted amazing.

MOK DEUNG SIM
IDR 98K/200G
Grilled pork neck meat.
Doesn't that just look sooo juicy and drool worthy? Perfect meat, perfect tenderness, perfect cooking process, what do you need more? They cut the meat to smaller pieces so it's easier to consume.






DWAE JI GAL BI 

IDR 110K/2 BONES
Grilled seasoned pork spare ribs.
Korean styled pork spare ribs? Yes, please! This grilled pork is perfectly marinated. It has strong flavor and really tender, even though it looked too little with just 2 bones, after it's cooked and cut to pieces, it became a big enough portion. Not too big actually, but just enough.





Saeng Sam Gyep Sal IDR 93K/180G
Whatever would I do without some good pork belly? This one is of course, my ultimatum! Even though it's a bit hard because they over-cooked it a little, it still tastes amazing and really thick, very satisfying.





DOL SOT BIBIMBAP (BULGOGI) IDR 70K

Sizzling stone pot bibimbap.
They offer Bibimbap in 2 types; with hot stone or with normal bowl. I choose hot stone cause normal is too mainstream, right? :p There's also various choice for the toppings: Dolsot, Kimchi, Bulgogi. Bulgogi for me, cause it's meat!! No more explanation needed. The portion is enough for 2 people and the taste is really good, the balance between the toppings and rice is perfect. This dish did most of filling me up, after eating this, I was so full.




Did I say I was full? Well, there's always room for desserts! NYAHAHA!
They offered this desserts for free, there's ginger ale, coffee pudding, and coconut pudding. Because none of us likes ginger, we didn't pick that one.

The puddings aren't insanely sweet, so that's good. For the coffee pudding, if you don't like coffee that much, don't worry, the coffee is not too overwhelming.





The coconut pudding lacks coconut taste though, the red beans (or I think it was red beans) over powered the taste but it was still yummy. By the way, is it just me or do you think that the red beans looked like minced meats or mushrooms? Maybe I'm just drunk over meats..



The ocha here is also free and refill-able. So wow? The side dish's free, the dessert's free, even the drink's free, if that's not generous enough for you then I don't know anymore. The service's excellent too, the waiters're mostly women. I admit that the name was a bit unfamiliar to me unlike Chung Gi Wa, but seriously, you can't look down on this place. The meats are absolutely beautiful! They are cooked to perfection, incredibly tender, and properly marinated. I loved it, really would recommend this. I don't if me and my friends are being over the top, but we think that this could rival Chung Gi Wa, with better price too.



Gojumong Korean Traditional Grill

Jl. Panglima Polim IX No. 7-9
Kebayoran Baru
Jakarta Selatan
021-72796708/09

Opening Hours :

Everyday : 11:30 am - 10:00 pm






No comments:

Post a Comment