20 June 2014

BERANDA KITCHEN, COFFEE & TERRACE LOUNGE


Woohoo! In celebration of my blogging partner, June, we are having a heartwarming dinner with best friends! This little hideout is called the Beranda Kitchen, Coffee, & Terrace Lounge. A good place to drink and dine. Located at Kebayoran Baru, near Gandaria City, it wasn't that hard to find as it is just beside the Sushi Miyabi.



Upon entering the room, we are fortunate enough to get a newly opened room: the lower ground level! It's too bad we can't get a peek to the upper level, since it was fully booked for an event. Look at the bright side, this room was almost entirely ours to use! (Well, we did came at like 10 pm or so).



I'm personally impressed with the homey atmosphere of this place: simply rustic furniture with warm and cozy-feeling ornaments. Well matched with the broken white brick walls, this interior concept of having a rustic western house is a success.





By the way, this amazingly beautiful painting is made by the talented Talitha Maranila. These days, you can almost always find this kind of mural painting in every restaurants and cafes. I personally think it's a good thing, who can say no to gorgeous arts?







SALMON GRILLED LEMON SAUCE IDR 105K

As for the first tasting of the night: pan grilled salmon! oh my...I was completely mesmerized by the perfectly cooked salmon! So smooth in texture, I felt like the salmon was melting inside my mouth. The shortcoming was that the salmon skin wasn't crispy enough. Great side-dish though, still a B-rank dish to my opinion, since I still say that salmon is better when it's raw.




IKAN SALE BALADO IDR 50K

This is my first time trying Sale fish: it tasted so weird at first, since I've never recognized the taste. However, upon taking another bite, it actually has a pretty interesting taste, to a positive remark!

The fish is fried to a crispy black (maybe burnt) texture and we were even able to bite anything, including the bones. The taste itself is spicy, since its Indonesian, and very crunchy. Served with white rice, you're gonna love it if you're a big fan of savory-spicy flavors.






GRILLED CHICKEN SANDWICH IDR 50K

This sandwich certainly didn't let me down at all! I was expecting a more plain taste somehow, but the actual taste tells a different story: Soft white toast that envelopes crispy bacon and grilled chicken, and not to forget the simple mayonnaise sauce, which is able to combine all of them to one unity. Again, the french fries are one of the best I've ever tried!






OZZ STEAK BITES IDR 65K
I must say that the steak was really good,despite the lack of quantity, but I chose this menu because it's all in one plate (somewhat like a tester though we have to pay for it :p). Even the french fries were perfect! I don't actually know about what they used as seasonings, but at least I could assure you that this dish is magnificent!



KAKAP MERAH SAMBAL MATAH IDR 105K

This here is my personal favorite! Winning in marks by far, this grilled red snapper goes so perfectly with sambal matah and butter rice. As I don't really eat spicy Indonesian food as well, I recommend you to try this one since it's not that spicy! Savory and fragrant at the same time, it represents a perfect dinner menu. Sambal matah is a Balinese special by the way, made out of shallots, chili and pan-fried with salad oil.






ORANGE SQUASH IDR 30K
Well, we weren't too concerned with the drinks, as they only serve simple beverage menu. This orange juice was good though: sweet enough to be drunk by anyone who goes for a simple "up to you" drinks and very refreshing.



PEACH TEA IDR 22,5K
Kinda pricey for just tea with peach in it, but still acceptable. At least there's actual fresh and sweet peaches in it and not just peach essence.



KUE CUBIT ICE CREAM IDR 30K
Onto the desserts! What we ordered was a simple Kue Cubit: this time supported by a scoop of vanilla ice cream! ..and you know how it's best cooked: half-baked!


A traditional dessert menu from Indonesian heritage, this one tastes simply sweet and good; However, I don't personally think that this could go in par with the traditional Kue Cubit. Actually, I kinda know that the Kue Cubit here won't be as satisfying as the ones you bought on the streets from an actual traditional Kue Cubit maker, but the server recommended this so we decided to give it a try..







Beranda is mostly used for parties or meetings, so if you have anything planned, we recommend this place since the interior of this place is really beautiful and homey. We sort of came here to celebrate too, kinda, though it's not a big celebration, it's still a celebration nevertheless.. Lol!


Beranda Kitchen, Coffee & Terrace Lounge
Jl. Ahmad Dahlan No. 21
Kebayoran Baru
Jakarta Selatan
021-7221216

Opening Hours :
Everyday : 12:00 pm - 12:00 am





4 comments:

  1. Ci Cindy i really love your shots!

    xx
    graciellashiaryn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! It’s really so beautiful, of course more that my imagination. I am very impressed by all looks given here. It would be so nice time, if I plan a small dinner party for my all family members here in this best rooftop bar nyc. I am sure my father would be very pleased after seeing this wall-image here shown in the photo.

    ReplyDelete