05 October 2014

GYU KAKU JAPANESE BBQ


Finally! I've been wanting to come here for quite some time now and luckily my workplace is near this place, so I decided to spend my lunch break here with some friends. Gyu-Kaku has 2 branches and this one is at Plaza Indonesia on the 1st floor, not far from the concierge.


This is the non-smoking section, but I actually prefer their smoking section because it's more private, also the tables here are a bit too close to one another, there's even a table where you have to share with other group of people if there're just 4 of you. I need more space!





See what I'm talking about? Yeap, this is the smoking area. More private and comfortable, don't you think?



Since it's a bit far back and also disturbing if the waiters stood somewhere on this hallway, they provide a small counter on the back where the waiters could wait for our orders, so you won't have to walk all the way to the front. How convenient!



The furniture are all in either black or dark colored woods, which is elegant but also a bit too dark, though it still has a bit of sunlight from the huge glass window beside the tables in the smoking area (another reason why I prefer this area). Don't be fooled by the pictures!




BEEF (OX) TONGUE IDR 138K (S) / 188K (L)
Just a quick info; beef tongue and ox tongue is actually the same. I don't know since when I've started to like beef tongues, but these reminded me of why I liked them in the first place! They're soft and tender, also easily marinated since it's not as thick as other parts. You can grill the meats here by yourself or you can ask the waiters that'll happily do it for you. Tips; if you're gonna grill it yourself, be very fast cause it's thin and cook very fast, so you need to quickly turn it over and remove from grill or it'll stick to the grill. Anyway, this is by far, the best beef (ox) tongue I've ever tasted!!







BEEF SUKIYAKI IDR 108K
Rice, beef with Sukiyaki Sauce in hot stone bowl.

Loved it! The portioning is well balanced and the meat is amazing and it's HUGE, it's probably enough for 2 people or more! Just wished that they'd put more of the Sukiyaki Sauce. Also, hot stone bowl is really suitable for me, since even after I finished taking pictures, the food stays hot, so that's another plus!




Don't forget to stir till it's well mixed!



GRILLED SHABU-SHABU WITH DIPPING SAUCE IDR 138K
Such a unique way of presenting! Using this foil to grill the meat soaked in the sauce, which is also good for marination. Cooking this takes more time and you can also control the wellness of the meat, since it's like cooking meat in shabu-shabu and the result is really satisfying! Remember that you need to turn the meat over till it's well cooked!






ISHIYAKI UDON IDR 98K
Japanese Udon noodle pan-fried w/ vegetable and chicken served in hot stone bowl.

Another hot stone dish to satisfy my craving! Even though we came here on an empty stomach, I wasn't really expecting their portion's gonna be this big, but we still managed to finish it all though. Lol! The texture of this udon is really good and al dente, slightly chewy yet still firm when bitten, which not all Japanese restaurants are able to achive, so good job! For this dish, you also have to mix it, since most of the sauce is probably on the bottom of the bowl, but after you mix it well, you'll get this amazing seasoned udon with chicken and vegetable. Perfection!!





This place might be a bit pricey but the taste you'll get will be worth every penny. Also, though I didn't have much time for lunch, I had a great meal with amazing companies, so all-in-all it was great! I won't mind having to rush a bit for this kind of experience again!

Gyu-Kaku Japanese Bbq
Plaza Indonesia
1st Floor Unit F173
Jl. M.H. Thamrin Kav. 28 - 30
Jakarta, Indonesia 10350
021-3107196

Opening Hours :
Everyday : 10:00 am - 10:00 pm




1 comment:

  1. I thought the chicken chunks were cut too thick and didn't soak the broth up enough. Food Truck Catering

    ReplyDelete