25 October 2014

IKEA INDONESIA, ALAM SUTERA



FINALLY! This is what people have been buzzing and waiting for, IKEA Indonesia is officially OPEN!! Which is on 15th October 2014 and I went there on the first day of opening! Even on their first debut day, the place was already jam-packed! Fortunately, the parking lot was HUGE, so I could still easily find a parking space. Thank God!


A little bit of info; Ikea is super popular in Singapore for their famous meatballs, the place looks like a nice cafeteria. You take the trolley, put the tray onto the trolley, then let your stomach do the rest, choosing the foods. Well, it IS a supermarket, so you can buy the salads and beverages just like buying them at a supermarket. Easy!


While you can buy the salads just off the rack, the main course is ordered like in an actual cafeteria! Just see the photo below!


The food trolley has 3 racks to hold your filling and this is what mine looks like!

See just how FULL it is?! You can order your food on either side of the room and BOTH is fully packed with people!! In their first day of opening! Wow!


Condiment corner! Notice the soft-drink machine? You can order it for just IDR 7K and it's refillable, the same goes for its coffee and tea!


Huge room of tables, might even be enough for a hundred, maybe a thousand of people, and it's almost FULL!! Kinda looked like a food court, huh?



Yeap! Of course I'll choose a table near the window, natural sun light is very important to me! What? I need to take my shots!



SALMON SALAD IDR 30K
Cold poached salmon, mix lettuce, sour cream, lemon twist, tomato wedges, carrot julienne.

Let's start off with a nice and fresh cold salad to arouse our appetite! I'm not a big fan of salads, but this one caught me! Just look at those huge chunks of salmon and for only 30K too! When will you find salmons with that price again? Even though it was a bit tasteless, but still worth the price!




BAKED CHICKEN LEG WITH DILL SAUCE IDR 35K
The chicken was suuuper tender and juicy! It's also well-seasoned, but the strong taste of dill kinda put me off. For such an affordable price, this dish was amazingly good, though it's not 'restaurant' good! Really recommend this one!




SWEDISH MEATBALL WITH CREAM SAUCE
10 PCS IDR 40K
15 PCS IDR 50K
20 PCS IDR 60K
Swedish meatballs, mashed potato, pickled cucumber, creamy gravy sauce.

This is it!! The highlight of the day, the legendary meatballs that everybody has been talking about, the reason why Ikea is so popular! Though it was said to be 'Swedish' meatballs like the ones in Singapore, the meatballs here taste like ordinary 'bakso', but still good, just thought that they have a consistent quality. Love the gravy sauce, it just lighten the whole dish up! I was lucky enough to have gotten the mash, since it sells out pretty fast with these many people ordering it. Anyway, heard that there was supposed to be a berry sauce that goes with this but I don't know whether it's not available yet or will it not be available in Indonesia. Too bad! :(





CHICKEN DRUMSTICK IDR 17K
Just an ordinary drumstick but at least it's delicious and tender! And come on, who doesn't like a nice yummy fried chicken drumsticks?



FISHBALL DUMPLING IDR 6K
Don't underestimate this small one cause it taste AMAZING! It's also very affordable, really blown away by how soft and tasty the fishball is! Worth the try! Confession; I don't really remember the name, so I'm just gonna call it like how I see it. Sorry! :(



CHOCOLATE PIE IDR 20K
For dessert, I choose this super tempting chocolate pie and I didn't regret it at all! Wasn't expecting it to be sooo good! I thought it was just your everyday chocolate pie with standard taste, but how wrong was I! You can find this in the salad section. Guess you really can't judge a book by it's cover! Anyway, please forgive my bad memory, cause I also forgot what this one's name is!



My meal of the day!


Heard that they now use paper plates instead? Well, with that many people, I can understand why. Anyway, it's really regrettable that I didn't try the 4K ice cream and hot-dogs cause I was in a bit of a rush that day, but I'll definitely come back to try it later!

As you know, Ikea not only have these good foods, but also cool furniture and stuffs and with affordable prices too! I would definitely come here if I ever want to do some furnishing. Might as well check them out when you decided to pay a visit. Fyi, IKEA provides free shuttle buses between IKEA and Mall Alam Sutera for your convenience! The parking lot is also free of charge. So what are you waiting for? Have fun!

IKEA Indonesia
Jl. Jalur Sutera Boulevard No. 45
Alam Sutera, Serpong
Tangerang 15320
021-29853900

Opening Hours :
Store
Everyday : 10:00 am - 10:00 pm

Restaurant
Everyday : 09:30 am - 09:00 pm

WEBSITE
FACEBOOK
INSTAGRAM



2 comments: