18 March 2015

TAKARAJIMA JAPANESE RESTAURANT


I'm in the mood for Japanese right now, so let's talk about this Japanese restaurant that opened near home! Takarajima is located near Gowagyu at Pesanggrahan, Puri Indah (not inside the mall) and I'm really psyched cause there's not many decent Japanese restaurants around that area. They're actually pretty new, just opened at January 25th! Since I never really heard about Takarajima, I thought this is their only branch but turns out there's also one in Kemang, Depok, and others! Thank God, they decided to open a branch at Puri!


Okay, so the interior is really ordinary and not very attractive BUT the atmosphere here is totally comfy! Actually, every place in Puri is really homey to me, maybe because the area is somewhere close to home(?)


I wasn't really expecting much, since most restaurants in Puri are not that extraordinary or memorable, so I was thinking this will just be a casual meal to just fulfill my curiosity. It slightly exceeded my expectation though, not to the point you can say 'wow!' but still decent! I, personally, think it's better than Sushi Joobu!


SALMON SKIN SALAD IDR 16K
Green salad, prawn crab, makarel with takara special dressing.

A bit disappointed by the fact that the salmon skin is not crispy at all, since I was already imagining a crunchy sensation when I bite into it..but at least the salad is super fresh! No problem with the quality control here!


NIGIRI SALMON TOBIKO MAYO IDR 23K
Sliced of salmon & rice with mayonnaise and tobiko on top.

Look at those beautiful salmon!! Really amaze by how fresh and the neat cut of the salmon! Now I strongly think that the quality here is in perfect shape! The mayo and tobiko just add up the yummy level!


NIGIRI SALMON MENTAI IDR 21K
Nigiri with salmon and toast mentai sauce.

Trust me, the picture on the menu did not describe it as this messy! The mentai on the picture looked brownish as if it was a little bit burnt but this looks as if the just sloppily brushed some mentai on top, which I don't think is a 'toast' mentai sauce. It's a good thing that these are good in taste, at least they have something to be proud of!


GUNKAN SPICY SALMON IDR 28K
A gunkan with mixed of salmon and spicy mayonnaise.

There's 3 choices of gunkan here; tuna, salmon, and kani, for the salmon and tuna, it's spicy gunkan. You can see for yourself that for this they mix the salmon with mayo and spring onion. It's yummy, though a little bit spicy but it's still tolerable for me so all is good!


For the tuna it's only IDR 20K and kani IDR 17K, which I can say that their gunkan is really affordable!


TSUKUNE (6 PCS) IDR 18,5K
Grilled Japanese meat ball.

Tastes delicious but the texture's a bit odd. If you've tried the tsukune in lawson, you'd know that the texture there is more soft but this one is the opposite of it! It's more chunky and tough. Doesn't change the fact that it tastes yummy though!


SASHIMI SALMON IDR 49,5K
Can't say anything else but FRESH! All the salmons here is super fresh and I can't be more grateful for it!


TSUKIMI TEMPURA UDON IDR 35K
Udon noodle with half-boiled egg and ebi tempura.

This is the most eye-catching udon menu to me, even if it only consists of eggs, tempura, veggies, and no meat! The egg yolk here is still raw, which resembles a moon honoring the Tsukimi, a Japanese moon-viewing festival. Since I love creamy eggs and have no problem with raw eggs, this is really good! I don't recommend this to those who can't handle raw eggs!



TUNA CRUNCHY SALMON MENTAI IDR 41K
Tuna and crunchy inside with toasted salmon and mayonnaise on top.

It's tuna and salmon in 1 dish, what more can you ask for?! Not to mention, there's mentai with crunchy goodness in it as well! This might look simple but it's totally deadly!



AVATAR IDR 37K
Cheese and crunchy with salmon topping.

Guess what's inside this! CHEESE!! Some crunchy goodness with a generous chunk of cheese topped with fresh salmon! I'm content even without the mentai, yummy!



VOLCANO CRUNCHY IDR 38,5K
Salmon, crab, crunchy with toasted of mayonnaise and crunchy with tobiko on top.

This might look kinda sloppy and messy but like foods in America, the messier the better it'll taste! Seriously, this is good! With a slightly spicy sauce, salmon, kani and add those crunchy..BAM! Yummy roll, ready to be devoured!



Ta-da! A lunch for 3...too much? Whoops!


Sushi and sashimi have always had a special place in my heart and I'm always delighted each time I tried a good one! This might not be the best sushi place but at least it's the best in Puri area, so that's good enough for me. I still can't get over my amazement of their fresh salmon!! Give them a try if you're in the area, it'll be worth it! (or not?) It's your choice!

Takarajima Sushi
Jl. Pesanggrahan Raya No. 128 D
Puri Indah
Jakarta Barat
021-5819178

1 comment:

  1. Important, The Navigate, don't fail. Would it be the most beneficial Chinese language Restaurants? No. But, we've set up a baseline now with your primary formally published Chinese language diner evaluate. The Navigate is situated on 623 Hicksville Path inside Bethpage, NYC.

    ReplyDelete