21 April 2015

SCUSA ITALIAN RESTAURANT - Intercontinental Hotel


Hey there! Mid-test week has arrived and I'm getting a lot more on my hands now, which is why I haven't been able to update much. Still, I deeply apologize, cause there's no room for excuses, right? Well, let's just get straight away to topic cause I really need to get back to studying but I just really want to share about this place! Here's Scusa by Intercontinental Jakarta and this is a dinner event, an exclusive chef table set menu by Chef Gianluca Visciglia, the executive chef!


WELCOMING BREAD
For the welcoming, we received these yummy delicacies! A hard roll with cinnamon and a cheese stick and dipping on the side! Both the roll and cheese stick were deliciously made and the dipping was just another boost! We're definitely getting off to a good start!


AMUSE BOUCHE
Just some starter that consisted of cherry tomato, mozzarella, and rucola, sprinkled with none other than balsamic, my favorite salad dressing! You can clearly tell how healthy this is just by seeing it, right?


ANTIPASTO MISTO DI PESCE
Mix seafood appetizers platter.

Yeap, we've just started with appetizer, since amuse bouche is not counted in the course menu. Amuse bouche is just a single small-bite dish to give the guest a glimpse of the Chef's approach to the art of cuisine. So now here's the appetizer, a 4 set platter of seafood. Let's get more to the detailed shot, shall we?


FISH CARPACCIO WITH ROSEMARY
This is probably my least favorite out of the 4, since it was pretty ordinary for me. Didn't really left any amazing impression that I could remember till now!


TUNA TARTARE WITH FENNEL SAUCE
Since the tuna's really fresh, I don't really have any other complaints! I usually find tuna tartare with avocado but there's none on this one, which is really a good thing for me, cause I don't really fancy eating avocado as a savory dish!


OCTOPUS TERRINE WITH CITRUS
Love the chewy texture of octopus! This octopus terrine's the best, though you can really smell the sea while eating it but I think that's the beauty of it! It's not a fishy smell, just a very strong sea aroma, even after I tried combining the citrus!


SEARED SCALLOPS WITH ORANGE-MUSTARD SAUCE
I love scallops, so I can't deny any of it! The simple seared scallops smeared with orange mustard sauce was definitely my favorite! Appreciate how the sauce didn't interfere with the taste of the scallop itself!


CAPPUCCINO DI CASTAGNE CON PRALINE DI FOIE GRAS IN CROSTA DI PISTACCHI E CROISSANT TIEPIDO
Chestnuts cappuccino, pistachio crusted foie gras praline and warm croissant.

Long name, huh? It's just the Italian translation though.. Anyways, upon arriving, what really attracted me was the plating! Especially the chestnut cappuccino! For the taste, it's not my cup of tea, literally. I'm not a big fan of chestnuts, so this doesn't really satisfy me, it's a good comfort food though! The foie gras was a big no, since I hate the smell of foie gras. The only thing I could finish was the warm yummy croissant! You should definitely try dipping the croissant to the chestnut cappuccino! Soothing!



SPAGHETTI AL GRANCHIO CON POMODORINI E BASILICO
Spaghetti tossed with crab in fresh tomato cherry sauce and basil.

I bet that they used a pretty generous amount of crab to make this spaghetti cause in 1 bite, you can taste the strong crab flavor! Other than that, it was a pretty plain, yet delicious dish and the cute plating was just another plus!


FILETTO DI VITELLO IN CROSTA DI PORCINI CON PURE DI PATATE E MELE, CAROTE SALTATE ALLA VINIGLIA ED UNA SALSA AL TARTUFO NERO
Porcini mushroom crusted veal tenderloin apple and potato mashed, black truffle sauce and sauteed vanilla carrots.

One word; YUMMY!! Love the strong flavors, the veal was a perfect medium rare, which made it really tender! The porcini mushroom was a new experience for me, seeing as I never tried a porcini mushroom crusted meat before! Deliciously fluffy mashed potato on the side with vanilla carrot that was just lovely! Everything about this dish was perfect!


PANNA COTTA AL CAFFE E AMARETTO CON COMPOSTA DI AMARENE
Espresso panna cotta flavored with amaretto liquor, amarena cherry compote.

As always, desserts never seem to disappoint me! Can't get enough of how perfect the bitter-sweet espresso panna cotta is when combined with the sweet-sour cherry compote! I'd rather have the caramel in a sticky liquid form rather than this candied one though, yet it's still really satisfying!



From the photo, you can probably figure out that the place isn't that huge unlike the usual hotel restaurant. It seems more like a normal restaurant but I'm guessing it's because in Scusa, it's a fine-dining experience and I'm pretty sure you won't want a crowded place to enjoy a fine-dining!



I enjoyed the food and the great experience, it's definitely a 180° change from my last visit to Intercontinental, where I only had a casual lunch at Rasa restaurant and I can say that they really pay attention to their quality, not only with their food but also their service!


Scusa Italian Restaurant
InterContinental Jakarta MidPlaza
2nd Floor
Jl. Jendral Sudirman Kav. 10-11
Jakarta 10220
021-2514188

Opening Hours :
Monday - Friday :
Lunch : 11:30 am - 02:30 pm
Dinner : 06:00 pm - 12:00 am
Last Order : 11:00 pm

Saturday :
Dinner : 06:00 pm - 12:00 am
Last order : 11:00 pm

Sunday :
Brunch : 11:30 am - 03:00 pm 
Dinner : 06:00 pm - 12:00 am
Last order : 11:00 pm



4 comments:

  1. This Italian food is just mouth-watering. Look at the style of presentation! I really love it. In the next week I am going to visit Boston and I would love to taste such yummy dishes over there. Could anyone please share the list of best Italian food Boston restaurants?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know where I'm going and I know the truth, and I don't have to be what you want me to be. I'm free to be what I want.Thankyou i really love it
    softpedia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was about to say something on this topic. But now i can see that everything on this topic is very amazing and mind blowing, so i have nothing to say here. I am just going through all the topics and being appreciated. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seahorse Swim School teaches water safety while increasing overall fitness. Private, semi-private, small groups a non-competitive swim team and parent-tot lessons are taught with patience, encouragement, and expertise. Seahorse Swim School’s goal is to encourage water safety, water confidence and overall fitness in Santa Cruz County.

    ReplyDelete