18 May 2015

MOTTOMOO HOUSE OF HAMBURG


Okay, I'm gonna cut straight to the chase, the name of this place is Mottomoo and I'm pretty sure it's Japanese but I'm a bit confused as to why they sell tteokbokki? Oh well..the place isn't really that spacey, since it's only 1 Pantai Indah Kapuk's shop house and it's also not a new restaurant actually. We had been wanting to try it but didn't really had the chance 'till now! Wait, actually I did came here before but because I was already too full at that time, I decided to just try their chicken karaage, so this is my 2nd time here!



Located in line with Locale and Cake a Boo. The interior really captured Japanese's quirky and cute aspect while still being simple!



Love those cute Japanese characters! Can you notice some famous ones there? :p


CHICKEN KARAAGE IDR 30K
I don't really remember the price but I think it's IDR 30K..? Though it might be pricey for just few pieces of karaage, but the taste was worth it! For just pieces of chicken wrapped in flour, it's undeniably good, especially with the spicy mayonnaise dipping!


HAMBURG GRATIN IDR 99K
Hamburg with béchamel sauce topped with mozzarella + parmesan cheese.

All of their hamburg menu comes with a package of rice and miso soup. Don't be shocked by the price because this simple looking menu turned out to be not so simple! Under all those cream and hamburg there's actually spaghetti, sorry there's no photos of it though, cause I was really starving at that time. :p Anyways, surprisingly, this didn't really taste overly cheesy, it's more of a carbonara instead, which was really yummy! I do think it's a bit weird to have spaghetti with rice and miso soup but the hamburg was super good, so I'd look past that. Love the consistency of the hamburg, not too soft and not too hard, just perfect!



MUSHROOM PEPPER HAMBURG IDR 88K
Hamburg with our house blend of creamy mushroom + pepper sauce.

This one comes with a choice of adding truffle oil but then it'll cost IDR 99K. When this first arrived at our table, the only thing I could smell was black pepper, not that it's bad because I love it and I could even smell some sauteed garlic, though I didn't see any garlic, wonder if they did use garlic. The hamburg here is actually the same, only with different sauces. For this one, they used some sauteed bean sprouts and with the mushroom sauce, it went really well with rice!



I could say that overall, the foods here tasted AMAZING! Couldn't say the same with the price but as the saying goes, you can't put a price on quality! Would definitely say that this is the best restaurant for Japanese hamburg but definitely won't be visiting often. I think you'd understand why!


Mottomoo House of Hamburg
Ruko Garden House Blok B/21
Pantai Indah Kapuk
Jakarta Utara 14470
021-95051043

Opening Hours :
Monday - Friday : 11:00 am - 10:30 pm
Saturday - Sunday : 11:00 am - 11:00 pm

2 comments:

  1. Such a nice content. one can also get information on photo from infoshutter

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of their hamburg menu comes with a package of rice and miso soup.

    Don't be shocked by the price because this simple looking menu turned out to be not so simple!

    Under all those cream and hamburg there's actually spaghetti,

    sorry there's no photos of it though,

    cause I was really starving at that time. :p Anyways,

    surprisingly, this didn't really taste overly cheesy,

    it's more of a carbonara instead, which was really yummy!

    I do think it's a bit weird to have spaghetti with rice and miso soup but the hamburg was super good, so I'd look past that.

    Love the consistency of the hamburg, not too soft and not too hard, just perfect!
    _____________________________
    Redrock Landscape & Design

    ReplyDelete