31 December 2015

HIKARU JAPANESE RESTAURANT


Can you believe that 2015 is almost ending? Feels like just yesterday we were welcoming the new year! Time really flies as you grow older, huh? Well, this past few months have been flooded with Japanese cuisines and today is no different..lol! Yeap, it's another Japanese here called Hikaru!




This is actually a friend of mine's and it's amazing how just a few days ago, we were both struggling with our final thesis and now, she owns a restaurant! One in Pantai Indah Kapuk, no less! It's in Pantai Indah Kapuk's Food Plaza, the 2nd alley from the main entrance!




The front look of this place is totally different from the others in the Food Plaza, so it's pretty easy to spot! I guess the interior is pretty neat, a simple white with Japanese decorations. You can clearly feel that it's not a fancy kind of restaurant but a very homey one!



MILO GODZILLA IDR 25K
Yes, you've heard of Milo Dino, here we introduce to you..Milo Godzilla! This will definitely leave you feeling hell'a guilty! No matter how guilty this will make you feel, you just can't help but be tempted and I bet you won't be able to stop slurping 'till the last drop!



STRAWBERRY GODZILLA IDR 25K
Here's a less overwhelming alternative! If you can't handle all those chocolates, why not get a strawberry one that has a balance of sweet and sour! This is totally a more refreshing choice, though I'm more of a chocolate person!



TAKOYAKI IDR 25K
A ball shaped containing cheese or octopus.

I totally didn't expect the takoyaki here to be this good! Though it all made sense after my friend explained that she's a takoyaki fan, since it's obvious she'll search for the perfect takoyaki recipe! Yes, most of the recipes is from herself! You can get either cheese or octopus or even both. We got both but I think the cheese disappeared..lol!


KUSHIYAKI IDR 5K/PCS
Here's a list of what this is from left to right;
-Sandwich tofu
-Fish cake
-Squid ball
-Crab stick
-Fish roll
-Fish tofu


My favorites are definitely the fish cake and squid ball! Most of it is good though, since there's not really much that could go wrong with kushiyaki. It's all seasoned well, so I have no problem!



HONEY MUSTARD DON IDR 35K
A sunny sunshine egg with a dash of Happy honey on top of rice.

I love honey mustard sauce..actually, I love any sauce with honey in it, so seeing that they have it here, I immediately went for it! Considering the price, this one's pretty good, yet they could taste even better if only the egg has a runny yolk!




BUTA SOBORO DON IDR 35K
McDreamy pork & McSteamy tofu meets sexy scrambled egg.

Not saying that this is bad or anything, in fact this is actually good but it tasted really homemade..literally! It's like something my mom would make at home, yet I guess it's the concept here(?) If not, they could spice things up a bit to make it more gourmet-ish!



BERRY MAN IDR 5K/PCS
Say hello to the sweet Berry Man!

It's SO CUTE!! This little Santa is just too cute to eat, don't you think so too? Don't waste the chance though, cause it's not only good for the eyes but also for your taste buds cause this taste sweet! I was expecting a super tangy strawberry but instead you'll get a carefully picked sweet strawberries! A refreshing kind of sweet!


ROSE PIE APPLE IDR 15K/PCS
Once upon a pie apple, in a rosy island.

Did I mention that this friend of mine is food carving champion? I guess this is a small display of her talent! The taste is pretty simple, it's exactly what you expect from an apple pie!


SNOW MARSHMALLOW IDR 10K/PCS
Melting snowman with marshmallow, pocky hand, and the oreo-hat.

I just can't stop this giddiness of seeing such cute desserts! Totally made my day and even though I'm not a huge fan of marshmallow (not when I have to eat it without anything else, like hot chocolate), this is just too cute to miss!


CHRISTMERINGUE TREE IDR 15K/PCS
Meringue tree on a pie crust pot with bright honeystar on top.

Yes, it's that green thingy beside the snowman! You'd expect that pretty cupcakes are only pretty on the eye but this one is actually edible..lol! Though my friend did apologize for the fail of the tree shaped meringue, I find the meringue pretty decent that I'd actually eat it. I don't usually eat meringue nor cupcake frosting, since I find it a waste of my precious stomach space! :p


Overall it was a pretty decent restaurant and I wish this place the best of luck! Here's a cute Berry Man to end this post cause I just can't get over it!


Hikaru Japanese Restaurant
Inside Food Plaza
Jl. Outer Ring Road
Pantai Indah Kapuk
081288857676

Opening Hours :
Tuesday - Sunday : 05:30 pm - 10:00 pm
Closed on Monday



2 comments:

  1. Really appreciate you sharing this blog post.Boards Direct Discount code Thank you! Cool
    Nice Blog. Thanks for sharing this with us. Such amazing information.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a tremendous website. Certainly a fantastic piece of work. It has relevant information. Thanks for posting this. Your Japanese restaurant is so interesting and very informative. Voucher Code

    ReplyDelete