10 February 2016

ST. MARC CAFE INDONESIA


Hey! It's February and we all know what that means, right? Yeap, it's the month of love, which is Valentine! When we talk about the V day, of course there'll be sweets involved, so today's topic will be a sweets-filled haven! It's St. Marc Cafe everyone, a place where I bet even without this post, they're already super popular. Their popularity starts out from Tokyo, Japan and if it's about desserts, I personally think Japan has the upper hand, so knowing this place is a huge hit there definitely assured me that it'll be awesome!



Landing its first ever Indonesia branch in Senayan City, Jakarta, they implemented a comfy cafe concept. It's placed in a center booth, so expect little privacy, though I guess it's fine, since it's a cafe. Like most Japanese brands, there's a super realistic dummies displayed all over the place, bound to tempt you into buying everything..lol! Well, if you're anything like me, who's easily impressed by anything, you'd be able to look at these for hours, just because they're that pretty and the actual stuff looks similar as well! How can I not be tempted to get everything on display?



For the baked goods, you can just take it from this display case below, like in most bakeries and take it to the cashier and you can also get it warmed up!


CHOCOCRO CHOCOLATE IDR 19,9K
Starting of with their signature dish, which is this special Chococro in original. Yeap, it's chocolate, the name IS Chococro! I totally get why this is their signature dish, since at first, I kinda doubt why they'd make this simple thing a signature but you can never judge. This little thing here will make you crave for it day and night, yes, I don't care if you think I'm way over the top! Super crispy croissant filled with rich chocolate but don't take my word for it, try it yourself to understand what I'm talking about!



CHOCOCRO WHITE CHOCOLATE IDR 29,9K
They always have these special editions of Chococro. It was white chocolate at that time, since it's still in Christmas and New Years season. You can see those snowflakes on the paper and with the icing sugar sprinkles that gave it a snowy effect. I personally prefer the original over this one, since I'm not really into white chocolate, I'm more of a dark chocolate person. I think it's a bit too sweet for me, whereas the original has this bitter sweet that just hits the spot!


CHOCOCRO BANANA WALNUT IDR 29,9K
This one's very similar to the original, only with additional banana and walnut. If you like bananas or walnuts, then this might be better for you but again, I prefer the original for personal reasons! :P


ALMOND SUGAR PIE IDR 24,9K
Can really see anything wrong with the baked goods here. Even this simple almond and icing sugar pie is good because the pie itself is good enough. The almond and sugar just lift it up and acts solely as a topping, which I think goes really well with the pie!


EGG SALSA IDR 29,9K
Didn't really get the chance to try this but looking at that beautiful egg yolk makes me just want to run back here and get it right way! I bet this will taste good as well, like all of the products here!


SUGAR DANISH IDR 29,9K
This will be the base of the soft cream desserts that you saw before on the display. It's very simple and sweet with a hint of salty taste, so I think it'll go perfectly with the soft cream!


CHICKEN CHEESE CROISSANT IDR 29,9K
I kept repeating the same thing here but you'll really see how a superbly made product can be good with the simplest ingredients! This croissant only has a chicken pastrami with cheese as a topping but the taste is very satisfying, definitely something that can't be achieve by just any bakery!


TUNA POTATO DANISH IDR 29,9K
Another one that I didn't try! Though I can't imagine how this one will taste like, I definitely wouldn't mind getting it. Those chopped parsley on top totally made it look more attractive!


CLASSIC FUJI IDR 79,9K
The first thing that shocked me was the price! Really didn't expect it to be that high but I guess you can't put a price on quality, huh? But still though! Well anyway, this is the dessert I was talking about that uses the sugar danish as a base, topped with St. Marc's special soft cream, which have a very familiar taste that I can't really say but I know you'll know once you try it (that was long, lol!), sprinkled with matcha powder and accompanied with red beans and drizzled with caramel sauce!


CHOCO BERRY CELEBRATION IDR 74,9K
Yeap, another eye-bulging dessert, this time, it's a parfait! Actually all of the parfait tastes the same, only with different toppings whereas this one has chocolate sauce and powder with strawberries and also a Japanese purin, which is a caramel pudding, plus the scooped ice cream is different than the soft cream. That vanilla scooped ice cream has a normal ice cream texture and the soft cream is much creamier!



KYOTO DELIGHT IDR 74,9K & MANGO FANTASY IDR 74,9K
If you're looking for a very Japanese taste, then I'd suggest getting the Kyoto delight, since it has red beans, Japanese special mochi, and even a matcha ice cream! Or if you're going for something safer and refreshing, then Mango Fantasy would be good. It's very rich with mangoes, which I think everyone would love!


CHOCO BANANA SPLIT IDR 74,9K
Of course, there's always the classic Banana Split when it comes to ice cream! Ice cream, bananas, chocolate, nothing can ever go wrong with that! So, what's your pick for the parfait?


GRILLED CHICKEN BASIL IDR 58K
Coleslaw salad and chips.

This is the type of breakfast my mom used to make for me. A pressed sandwich, though my mom didn't use any fancy fillings like this one. We got to try 2 of these sandwich and I personally prefer this one. The chicken's much more flavorful, especially with the basil!




CHILI TOMATO TUNA & POTATO SALAD IDR 63K
Coleslaw salad and chips.

Not a big fan of any tomato based sauce, so this one doesn't really leave that much impression on me. Though it said Chili Tomato Tuna, it's not that spicy, so don't worry! The potato salad is there but barely, you can only taste a slight of it, since the tomato tuna is stronger!



As much as I love the desserts here, I doubt that I'd be coming here a lot. I might come for their Chococro but other than that, we'll have to see. To me, this goes to one of that 'special occasion' type of cafe, which is why it's a good spot for a simple Valentine's day dessert!

St. Marc Cafe
Senayan City
LG floor,  L27
Jalan Asia Afrika Lot 19
Jakarta Selatan 10270

Opening Hours :
Everyday : 10:00 am - 10:00 pm

FACEBOOK
INSTAGRAM


1 comment:

  1. The street side shishareview.org cafes remain full all the time. You can have a seat there munching some light meals or take away your beverages and have them somewhere else. Except for cafes, there are very few other options where you can spend a good time with whoever you want.

    ReplyDelete