19 December 2016

CORRELATE RESTAURANT BY CHEF JUNA


Who doesn't know this handsome chef here? Yeap, it's Chef Juna and this time we went to try his restaurant in Kuningan called Correlate! For exact location, it's in Menara Rajawali. It's pretty easy to spot with this huge sign just in front of the place!






The first thought that might've come to your is probably that it's Japanese. Well, you're not entirely wrong but there's also French mixed into it, so it's a fusion of French Japanese!





The interior is gorgeously white all around and very spacey with simple decorations that makes it seem fancy! There's also plenty of natural light with the huge glass window making my job a little easier..lol!





An open kitchen is at the end of the place, so if you would like some entertainment then find a seat near this!




In contrast to the all white interior, there's a dark side of the room where a bar is located!




Starting it off with some refreshments to quench your thirst, here are some beverages that we tried!


PEACHES IDR 57K
Sencha, extract strawberry, vanilla, peach fruit.

Such a cute drink, isn't it? Pink color, sweet and fruity taste, it's the perfect feminine beverage!



RAINBOW FOREST IDR 110K
Irish cream, dark rum, heavy cream, brandy.

Personally I love this alcoholic cocktail but those rainbow dots on the rim of the glass is definitely in the way! I think it's sole purpose is only for decoration, though I'd prefer that they just drop them.




PROSCIUTTO WITH WATERCRESS, APPLE & FENNEL SALAD IDR 139K
Honey glazed walnut, Grana Padano.

Confession! I've never tried prosciutto in all my life but after trying it here, I think I might start to like them. It's salty, which is good for me and eating it with the watercress and apple gives this fresh tasty feeling in my mouth! The walnut and Grana Padano are good sides too!





FOREST MUSHROOMS TORTELLINI IDR 97K
Saute girolles chanterelles, raspberry, mushroom "bisque", red oil.

Out of all, this one is definitely our favorite, though the portion is very fine-dining like..lol! The plating is also very pretty, I don't really get how the raspberry would taste good when paired with the whole dish, so I just ate the raspberry individually. I guess it refreshes my taste bud after eating the whole creamy and oily dish!




This also comes with delicious mushroom sauce and they gave us quite the generous amount! It's quite salty, so we loved it!



STUFFED QUAIL WITH GRAPEFRUITS-COGNAC IDR 269K
Smashed pumpkin, grilled swiss chards, nuts & seeds, cognac-maple sauce.

Well I don't really understand why they called this 'with grapefruits-cognac' cause I don't see any grapefruits, maybe it's in the cognac or I just didn't pay attention? Anyways, the quail is tender and it goes perfectly with the veggies and smashed pumpkin! Didn't quite like the nuts but it's a cute touch for plating, like bird and its food!





SMOKED SALMON & EGG IDR 127K
Open-face sandwich, rye bread, dill sauce, petite caesar.

Personally thought that it's a bit dry but I guess that's my fault, since we needed to take a picture of it first, so we didn't eat it immediately. The salad is good though and that's something coming from me!



Smells wonderful by the way, maybe it's because of this dill sauce?



SPICE CAKE, SWEET POTATO ICE CREAM IDR 67K
Chocolate orange marshmallow, vanilla & chocolate tuile.

When the waiter served this, I thought I heard him say cheesecake? Maybe I heard wrong but because of that I spent the time eating this thinking, 'it doesn't taste like cheesecake..' but now that I know it's not cheesecake, everything kind of made sense..lol! It definitely smells of spice, taste a bit sweet, though I thought the ice cream taste like a usual vanilla. By the way that purple-ish cubes are actually marshmallow! Yum!




Thank you for serving us this beautiful meal Chef!



I guess most of the customers here are businessmen, coming here on their lunch break, cause that's how it is from what I saw! Maybe at night more guest would come for a drink at the bar, since the cocktail is pretty good!


Correlate Eclectic Cuisine
Menara Rajawali
Ground Floor
Jl. DR Ide Anak Agung Gde Agung Lot #5.1
Kawasan Mega Kuningan, Jakarta 12950.
081288498893

Opening Hours :
Monday - Wednesday : 10:00 am - 11:00 pm 
Thursday - Saturday : 10:00 am - 00:00 am
Closed on Sundays



2 comments: