21 September 2014

TORI YA by KINOKAWA SCBD


Another new restaurant has joined the SCBD crew! Let's welcome, Tori-Ya, located near the Fairground SCBD and right next to Kinokawa, which has just opened a new branch at SCBD, the first branch is at Thamrin. Tori-Ya and Kinokawa is practically the same, they even has a connecting door to each other, but they offer different menu.


I've actually been here twice, the first one was for a meeting, but I got here a bit late and I didn't know the restaurant only open at lunch and dinner time, so they close at 2-6 pm and I arrived at 2.30. Disappointed, I decided to come back the second time, which is around 12 am and the place is jam-packed! It didn't show on the pictures cause I took the interiors after they almost close, so that you can see the place clearly. Yes, I am that eager!


Tori-Ya has 3 different table sections, one of them is the normal, simple table like this one, the other is at the bar and a room full with graffiti walls. How cool is that?!




This is the bar table and like any other Japanese restaurants, it's an open kitchen and there's also a Japanese chef preparing your foods. I feel like I'm actually in Japan!


Everyone's busy in the kitchen doing their magic to create some amazing dishes!


Look at all the sake!




Now this is what I'm talking about! No, it's not a VIP room but it is in a separated room, don't you just feel exclusive? Lol!



I love their plate's pattern, it's like a Japanese painting, really cute too!



Enough of the tour, it's time to pick up your spoon!

MISO SOUP

You'll get this miso soup if you order any donburi here. A good miso soup is always essential for any Japanese rice bowl!


PORK NECK JALAPENO IDR 40K
Grilled tender pork neck grilled with jalapeno and shio flavor.

This is from the buta (pork) section, it's always a must for me! The taste is almost similar to Chung Gi Wa's pork neck, which is actually good. Even after I finished taking pictures, it's still tender and juicy and the Jalapeno taste gave it a refreshing twist. Don't worry, it's not overly spicy!




TORI SET IDR 70K
5 different chicken skewers.

Since the place IS called Tori-ya, so I bet their tori (chicken) must be their specialty! In the set, you'll only get 1 piece per dish, whereas if you order the non-set you'll probably get 2 or 3 pieces.

SASAMI OHBA IDR 30K
Grilled chicken breast with ohba leaf and shio (salt) flavor.

Ohba actually means herbs or leaves, so they put ohba in the middle of the chicken breast, it has strong smell but it suits the chicken breast. For those who can't deal with strong smells, I'd say you rather stay away from this one!



NEGIMA IDR 28K
Chicken leg, leek and sume sauce.

MOMO NINNIKU IDR 28K
Chicken thigh, whole garlic, in shio flavor.

These 2 are my favorites! Negima on the left and Momo Ninniku is on the right. The chicken is really thick, tender and juicy, it has a nice smoked fragrance as well. The Negima has a sweet flavor from the sume sauce and the Momo is more of a salty and spicy garlic flavor. Both is totally different but very tasty!



TEBASAKI IDR 38K
Grilled chicken wings with shio and pepper flavor.

A bit bland in my opinion, well, can't expect much, since it's just seasoned with salt and pepper, nevertheless, under seasoned is under seasoned. The chicken is still tender though. All the meats here are really tender and even though it looked burnt, it doesn't taste burnt at all! Yummy! 




TSUKUNE OROPPON
Chicken minced with garlic and leek.

Also included in the tori set. Has a strong garlic flavor and I liked it, since I don't mind garlic, but if you don't like it, I don't suggest it. As you can see from the picture, the white color on top is not the color of the meat, but it's garlic, so the garlic is THAT much. Can you imagine how strong it'll taste? I don't see this one on the a la carte in the menu, so I guess this one is only available in the sets.




YAKITORI DON IDR 85K
Chicken thigh, leek, fried egg on rice.

This is the cheapest donburi here, since it's chicken, the other ones are wagyu, unagi, sukiyaki beef, which price is all 100++ and I think this is too pricey, cause the price that high, but the portion is small, so I'm guessing the price is not decided on the quantity but from the quality. The meat is really tender and juicy PLUS combined with the creamy egg yolk, simply heaven!



See that beautiful yolk?!



MENTAIKO SPAGHETTI IDR 80K
Pan fried spaghetti in marinated cod roe sauce.

De.Li.Cious! First time trying spaghetti with cod roe sauce which is those white spots that is somehow like sesame seeds. The cod roe doesn't smell fishy at all and like sesame seeds, you'll get this crunchy texture in every bite. The portion is just right for 1 person, and their really generous on the cod roe and tobiko. Just perfect!


 


This is probably the kind of restaurant that I'm gonna visit for a special occasion, it's on the top list but I'm not gonna come here that often, since it's a bit too pricey for me. Still, can't deny that all the foods I tried here taste amazing!

Tori-Ya by Kinokawa
Fairgrounds SCBD 
Jl. Jend Sudirman Kav 52 - 53
Jakarta Selatan
021-51402384

Opening Hours :
Lunch : 10:00 am - 2:00 pm 
Dinner : 06:00 pm - 10:00 pm



No comments:

Post a Comment