28 February 2015

SHABU-SHABU HOUSE PLAZA INDONESIA


 Can't believe February is over! I feel like it's only yesterday we celebrated New Year and now it's almost March! How time flies!
Today we'll not be talking about something new but still good! Shabu-Shabu House, a great place to enjoy some decent shabu-shabu and other Japanese food! They actually have other branches and each branch has different concept, like in Grand Indonesia is an all you can eat, this one, which is in Plaza Indonesia is for a la carte only, and in Senayan City is a mix of all you can eat with wagyu only a la carte!


I think that this place kind of deserve an award, since they're not a new upcoming restaurant that has been a trend nowadays, but they're almost a full house when I visit, which not much restaurant can do!


YOGHURT MANGO IDR 65K
Fresh mango, sake, yoghurt, mango syrup.

A fresh start is always a good way to go! Though I didn't realize that there's sake in it, since I'm not a big fan of alcohol that is a good thing! Thought that the mango is gonna be sour but turns out, it was super sweet, which made it a perfect combination for the yogurt!


EDAMAME
A little snack while we wait for the feast!


SALMON CARPACCIO IDR 49K
For the appetizer, we had something that is a little mix of Italian and Japanese. The salmon and veggies are super fresh! The perfect dish to fire up your appetite!


SHRIMP TOWER IDR 58K
It's a tempura galore!! Literally just shrimp with rice and sauce, a tempura rolled into a sushi. Simple but delicious! Recommended to, of course, tempura lovers!


SALMON CRISPY IDR 45K
I know it doesn't look like salmon, more like chicken wings..lol! Don't underestimate it though, cause it's unexpectedly good! Well, more like, I hardly fine fried food bad, just unhealthy. There's a saying the more unhealthy a food is, the better the taste, but please don't make that your motto! Stay healthy, people!


SPICY CHICKEN SALAD IDR 55K
They weren't kidding when they say 'spicy'! Might not be a spicy food lover, but this is just so addictive! I'd continue munching on if only I had a big bottle of mineral water next to me! Be thankful you, who can take their spicy foods with no problem!


What's a shabu-shabu without veggies, right?


SHABU SHABU ORIGINAL US
Regular IDR 175K
Large IDR 235K
Extra large IDR 295K

Don't you just think that this looks so beautiful? Only one plate won't be enough for me! After cooked in the shabu-shabu, it stays tender because of how perfect the slices are! Just heavenly! For the additional US meat, you only need to add another IDR 115K for 100 gr or IDR 195K for 200 gr!


SHABU SHABU ORIGINAL WAGYU
Regular IDR 245K
Large IDR 315K
Extra Large IDR 385K

There's no other word for this but gorgeous! Look at how it's all red, my favorite color! :D For additional of this is IDR 175K for the 100 gr and IDR 285K for the 200gr!


CHOICE OF SOUP
Original, Tom Yum, Sukiyaki, Spicy Miso, Miso, Kimchi.

For the soup, we had the original and Kimchi, which pretty much tasted like Tom Yum for some reason. If you're looking for something light I'd suggest the original soup and Tom Yum or Kimchi for the richly seasoned one. Be warned that the Tom Yum and Kimchi is a bit spicy!


They have 2 special dipping sauce here, which doesn't exactly have a name. This one is the peanut, garlic, chili oil, and chili sauce, the other one is the ponzu, radish, garlic, and leek sauce, which is more tangy and sweet. I prefer the peanut one though!


JAPANESE PLUM WINE IDR 79K (GLASS)
Matcha / on the rock / soda / straight.

Make your day fancy with this sweet wine! I may not like alcohol that much but this one is really tolerable, since it's sweet and this one is combined with soda. If I didn't know better I'd think it's a sparkling champagne! I'd really like to try the one mixed with matcha though, it sounds interesting! A bottle of the Japanese plum wine costs IDR 790K, if you're interested to have a drink with friends!


GREEN FUJIYAMA IDR 35K
Green tea snow ice, mochi ball, red bean.

They have 4 choices of snow ice here. The green tea was okay, though I could almost not taste any green tea on it, since it's made into ice. I think they need to add a stronger matcha flavor for the matcha snow ice or it'll just be a tasteless snow ice!


CHOCOLATE CUSTARD IDR 35K
Milk snow ice, oreo brownies, corn flakes, custard cream, chocolate sauce.

The milk snow ice actually has the same problem as the matcha but because there's chocolate sauce and custard cream on this one, it didn't fail as much as the matcha! The oreo brownies and corn flakes also helped a lot but I guess I just don't like snow ices(?)


CHOCOLATE EXPLOSION IDR 45K
Yeap, not much explosion though, when we cut it, the chocolate didn't explode like the name said, so don't worry! :P The warm cake was really soft and combined with the cold ice cream makes a mix of heavenly dessert, though it's not very healthy for the teeth but oh well!


MATCHA MILK ZENSAI IDR 35K
Vanilla ice cream, red bean, mochi ball, brown sugar jelly, rice crispy, green tea milk.

I guess you could say that this is like a fancy Japanese cereal. Didn't really tried much, since I was a bit overwhelmed by all the milk I had! Too much milk and cream, yet with just a few taste I could say this was an interesting one!


COFFEE JELLY IDR 25K
Last one is like an affogato with jelly and cornflakes! The bitterness of the coffee helped ease the milk taste but still, I'm not a fan of affogato, so I didn't have much of this!


This might not be a new place, but it's a special one and seeing that they have been surviving this long means they're good! The place was crowded too when I came and that is saying a lot! Anyways, I saw that they're having a new sushi menu by Chef Kenji from their website! I definitely visit again soon!

Shabu-Shabu House
Plaza Indonesia
1st Floor #99
Jalan M.H. Thamrin No.28 - 30
Thamrin, Jakarta Pusat 10350
021-29923677

Opening Hours :
Everyday : 10:00 am - 10:00 pm




No comments:

Post a Comment