06 March 2015

ITACHO SUSHI GRAND INDONESIA


Hi! Even though I'm a bit late, I still want to say 'Welcome to March!' Did you know that March is a very precious month for Lulabyspoon? It has something to do with birthdays..no, it's not ours but it's Lulabyspoon's! Happy Birthday to our beloved Lulabyspoon!! We both still can't believe it has already been a year since Lulabyspoon is born. Both of us want to also thank friends, families, each and every one of you as well for all the support!! Please continue to support Lulabyspoon and we will also do better for years to come! :D
Okay, enough of these emotional stuff or I'm afraid I won't be able to hold back this happy tears! Let's continue on with some food related topics! As you might have known, Grand Indonesia has been investing quite a lot on the food section and almost every month there would be new restaurants opening. Here's one of the example and this is one of our friend's favorite Japanese restaurant in Singapore, so after hearing that they'll open in Jakarta, we definitely got super excited about it! Let us introduce to you, Itacho Sushi!


Hearing good things about the place from our friend made us put such high expectation to it and by the looks of how crowded it was when we came, we had a feeling it's gonna be great!


At first, I thought it was crowded just because it was dinner time, which is at 7 pm but even after we finished our meals at 8 or so, there was still so many new customers and the place's still full!


OCHA
The ocha here is complimentary, so enjoy your free refills, folks!


HAND ROLL
SOFTSHELL CRAB IDR 28K
Starting off with a hand roll, this softshell crab hand roll really impressed me by how the crab was almost present till the last bite! Yeap, that's just how generous it was! Though the size was not extraordinarily huge, it's the perfect hand size!


WARSHIP-STYLE
FLYING FISH ROE IDR 10K  & SALMON ROE IDR 30K
Continuing with these warship-style. Just discovered that these are called warship-style by the way! I love how the amount of roes are in perfect balance with the rice, since I've encountered a lot of these that consist of mostly rice with just a thin layer of roes. Yeah!


SNACK
ROASTED EGG W/ SEAWEED & CRAB IDR 19K
Tamago is a really basic dish and it's my favorite one! The fact that they didn't only offer the usual, triggered my interest. They have 3 selections of topping for their tamago, which are spicy salmon, curry lobster and this seaweed & crab. I was planning on trying all 3 of them, but they ran out of the spicy salmon, which is really too bad, cause I was looking forward for those ones the most! :( This seaweed & crab didn't disappoint me though! As usual, the tamago tasted sweet and the seaweed & crab were perfectly balanced, but the sweetness was a bit overpowering, not saying it's a bad thing, since tamago is supposed to be sweet!


ROASTED EGG W/ CURRY LOBSTER IDR 22K
Same quality for the curry lobster ones! The curry lobster's richness didn't overwhelm the tamago and everything was really well-balanced!


GRILL
GRILLED SAURY (WHOLE) IDR 48K
Perfect is all I can say for this one! Don't know since when I became a fan of this particular dish, pretty sure it was because one of the manga I recently read (if you know what I mean, you're awesome!). Back to topic, this is the best saury I've ever had! It was grilled to perfection and you can see how fresh it was by how the bones are perfectly intact like the bones you've seen in cartoons! Yum!


SUSHI
SUPREME SEA EEL IDR 70K
It's called supreme for a reason and it's not just because of the size! Unagi is not a must-have item for me, seeing that they're always so expensive but this one is a good deal! Not only in quantity but the quality is also a two thumbs up! Perfectly seared with a yummy sauce, this is one beautiful dish!



TIGER PRAWN W/ CURRY AND LOBSTER SALAD IDR 74K
The same curry lobster in the tamago is used here and instead of just eggs, you can enjoy this curry lobster with tiger prawns and topped with tobiko! If that's not perfect, I don't know what is!



FUYU SASHIMI SET IDR 280K
Blue fin fatty tuna w/ less tendon, fatty salmon, seabass, striped jack, red shrimp, scallop, squid, salmon roe.

When it comes to Japanese dish, sashimi is essential! For the sashimi, I decided to have this set. Although they all have fancy names, I can't really tell the difference. Tasted like the usual sashimi, but I admit the freshness of these is no doubt the best!


ROASTED FATTY SALMON IDR 11K
ROASTED RED SHRIMP W/ COD FISH CAVIAR IDR 49K
ROASTED SALMON W/ COD FISH CAVIAR IDR 13K
ROASTED SALMON W/ CHEESE IDR 12K

The names are in order from left to right. Really can't choose any favorite for this plate cause it all tasted amazing! All of them has a good kick with different taste and just look at those generous slices of salmon! Love!



ROASTED KAGOSHIMA WAGYU BEEF IDR 68K
Personally, I don't really get the deal with beef and sushi but it doesn't mean that I'm against it. What I AM against of is the price! I know it's wagyu and all but IDR 68K for a slice of wagyu really is intimidating, no matter how good it is!


ROASTED SALMON ROLL IDR 38K
A simple roasted salmon roll with avocado. Just because it's simple doesn't mean you can underestimate it though! And you can really see how good a restaurant is when their simple dish is also wonderful!


SCALLOP IDR 30K
SHRIMP IDR 10K

Another simple dish, though I've never tried a scallop sushi before! All I can say is that my first experience is a really good one, which will set a high standard for scallop sushi from now on!


ROASTED FOIE GRAS IDR 69K
This is one dish that I can't really understand! It's my friend's order and since I'm not a big fan of foie gras, I wasn't really interested in trying it as well. How someone wants to pay that amount of money for a ball of rice with duck liver just blows my mind..however, if you like foie gras, don't hesitate to try it, considering all the others are so good, I expect this to be just as good!


SALMON & SALMON ROE ROLL IDR 42K
Saving the best for last! The highlight of today's dinner! These rolls really fully satisfied my obsession of salmon. Everything about this is just perfect! Totally a recommendation, you have to try it! I'm craving for it again as I'm writing this as well!


There's this bad habit about the brands from other countries that opens in Indonesia, it's that they drop down the quality! I don't know what's wrong, but it always happens, which is why I didn't put that much hope for this one and yet, it turns out pretty well! Not saying that it's as good as the one in Singapore but it's pretty close..at least, that's what my friend said. To me, who never tried the ones in Singapore, this is a really decent sushi house!

Itacho Sushi
Grand Indonesia Shopping Mall
Unit FD1-10, Level 3A Skybridge
Jl. M.H. Thamrin
Jakarta Pusat
021-23581228

Opening Hours :
Everyday : 10:00 am - 10:00 pm



1 comment:

  1. The service though, is terrible. The last time I ate with my friend, we had to wait about half an hour for a particular menu and when we asked about it, they simply said it's out of stock. Like, in Singapore, the staff actually informs us of which menu is unavailable before/after checking in our order. Seriously, Itacho Sushi is really popular in Singapore and even when it's really crowded, the service still goes smoothly. And to have this from that is a major disappointment.

    ReplyDelete