12 March 2015

FUKUMIMI GINZA TOKYO PIK


Hello hello! Back with more restaurants at Pantai Indah Kapuk, which have been invaded by lots of new restaurants nowadays. This fact just never seize to amaze me! Anyway, I won't talk about how this area is evolving day by day, so I'm just gonna cut right to the chase! Fukumimi Ginza is a branch restaurant that is actually from Japan and is filled with yakitori. Not that they don't have any other menu but there's not much restaurant with yakitori, whereas Fukumimi is one of them!



Located right next to Shirayuki, the place is pretty easy to find. Came here for a casual meeting and it was in the afternoon but we stayed till around 6 pm. Since it's on the weekdays, the place is typically almost empty but as it got later, it got more and more crowded, and at 6, the place's almost full, which is why we decided to get going!



Though the interior doesn't really leave any memorable impression to me, I think the simpleness of it is really neat and nice. The only thing eye-catching is the middle area, where we can peek into a little bit of the kitchen and you can see the real Japanese chef in there, so you'll know this is the real deal!


BUTA CHASHU DON IDR 80K
Grilled pork bowl.

A very simple yet satisfying dish! Maybe it's just because there's pork in it..lol! The flavorful sauce is definitely the best part, since it made even eating just the rice is enjoyable! Alas, nothing can compare to the pork, of course! Though there's one thing I'm confused about..what's the difference between buta chashu don and buta don? I tried asking the waiter but they weren't able to give me the clear reason..they just said, one is buta chashu (yeah, like I can't read!), so if any of you can explain it, do tell! :D


Look at those heavenly pork!


FUKUMIMI MESI ~ SALMON & CHICKEN ~ IDR 60K
Fukumimi fried rice with salmon & chicken.

SALTY! That's my first impression but because I like salty food, this is really to my liking! It's not unbearably salty but just a tad bit saltier. Can't really see the salmon and chicken though, since they had minced them into tiny bits, it's easier to find the salmon, cause of its orange color but just don't strain yourself in looking for the chicken..seriously. Don't!


BUTABARA (SHIO) IDR 25K
Pork belly.
BUTABARA CHEESE IDR 28K
Pork belly & cheese.
KAWA (SHIO) IDR 18K
Chicken skin.
GYU-TAN (SHIO) IDR 33K
Premium beef tongue.

Yes, you can choose between shio and tare in the ones that I wrote (shio), where shio is the salty one and Tare is sweet. I'm in the mood for something salty, so I choose shio for everything! Most of the yakitori here is really good actually, I especially love the kawa!



MOMO (SHIO) IDR 15K
Chicken thigh.

After trying the 4 yakitori above, I feel that it's just not enough and so I ordered more! Unexpectedly, the momo is very tender! Definitely made the right choice to order some more of this heavenly snack!


CHEESE TSUKUNE IDR 18K
Meatball & cheese.

Out of all, this is my least favorite, not that it's bad, just not as special as the others. A bit to dry for the meatballs, if it was just slightly more moist, then will it be able to compete!


TEBASAKI (SHIO) IDR 18K
Chicken wing.

Don't worry about the bones cause after a taste, you'll not think about the bones and just be focused on how good it is! Really tender and well-seasoned with a slightly crispy skin. Perfect!



HANETSUKI TETSUNABE GYOZA IDR 48K
Grilled dumplings.

'Bout now, you could probably guessed that we're full but we just can't stop munching on this gyoza cause it's just so good! When it came, the pan is still burning, so the gyoza is just half cooked and you have to flip it and cooked them well yourself. That's probably their way to be thoughtful of the people who takes shots of their foods like us. The small size of each gyoza is also soothing. Usually, I won't like it if the size is small but I guess in some cases 'less is better'!


JIKASEI MANGO PURIN IDR 30K
Homemade mango pudding.

After all the salty foods, isn't it just logical to end it with something sweet? Well, of course! And this mango pudding became our pick of the day! I was slightly torn between this and the original pudding, which is said to be their favorite dessert but in the end, I'm leaning more to the mango and wasn't disappointed by the taste, just the portion!


I think that this is a sign of good development of Japanese cuisine here in Jakarta, since usually when we talk Japanese cuisine, what'll pop up in your heads are probably ramen or sushi, right? Now, there's yakitori and I can't wait for more traditional signature Japanese dishes to appear in Jakarta! Yeah!

Fukumimi Ginza Tokyo
Ruko Emerald No.11-12
Pantai Indah Kapuk Boulevard
Jakarta Utara 14440
021-29032915



1 comment:

  1. Nice meals, nice japanese chefs, great atmosphere.. i already ate there

    ReplyDelete