12 August 2015

GYROS ALLEY


Okay, so I'm being really random one day (I have those moments!) and decided to explore Panglima Polim area and I once saw this place on a friend's Instagram. Though I don't really like Eastern foods, I still decided to come visit..lol!


The name's Gyros Alley and it's located very close to Taco Local. I'm not kidding, I even walked from Taco Local to this place! Yes, it's that close, like a few blocks close! Fyi, this is Greek cuisine, if you haven't read it on the signage already! :p


Went here at night, so please excuse the low quality photos! :( Another apology for not taking any shots of the 2nd floor, I'm too lazy to go up at that time. Sorry folks!




This here is my most favorite area from the 1st floor! It's a bit Chinese but not so Chinese..lol! And it's really neatly positioned! Just love!!


MANGO KEFIR LASSI IDR 35K
Homemade kefir lassies.
Cultured fermented milk richer with enzyme and friendly microorganism that help balance your inner ecosystem.

If you don't know what kefir lassi is, I guess you could say it's a yogurt. I love this! Really smooth and refreshing! Who wouldn't love a good yogurt smoothies? And I just can't resist mangoes! Yeap, it's my favorite fruit if you haven't guessed it already! :D


GYROS PLATTER CHICKEN IDR 58K
Platter of charcoal roasted meat, Tzaziki sauce, Greek salad, pita bread.

There're 3 choices of meat for this platter; chicken, lamb, and falafel. We chose the chicken..I know we should've chose the lamb, since it's usually the lamb would've been the best in a place like this but we just don't like lambs...sorry!


So in this platter, we got a little DIY here..go wild! Love how the pita bread's perfectly thin and what amazed me was the super delicious chicken!! It's sort of like India's tandoori and it goes perfectly with pita bread, since it has a really strong flavor, so the bread will even it out. This is just PERFECT!!


GYROS SOUVLAKI FALAFEL (VEGETARIAN) IDR 50K
Charcoal roasted meat, Tzaziki sauce, tomato and onion wrapped in homemade pita bread.

Guess this is sort of like a kebab. For this one, we decided to go with something new, falafel, which is just a bunch of nuts made into a ball and then fried to look and taste like meat, and it really does taste like meat!


There's a very generous amount of falafel in this by the way, which is awesome!!


BELGIAN WAFFLE SERVED WITH CHOCOLATE SAUCE AND ICE CREAM IDR 50K
Might look like a normal waffle but it's NOT!! Inside this waffle is a mochi texture, so it's not the usual crispy waffle but chewy! Even the chocolate sauce is unique, can't really describe it but there's just something different than the usual! Definitely a must try!


So I think this is one of those weird days where I'd be willing to try something really different and turns out, it was a great dining experience! I just love it when I'm trying something new and it turns out to be super good! I'd totally recommend this place!

Gyros Alley
Jl. Panglima Polim IX No. 8
Melawai, Kebayoran Baru
Jakarta Selatan 12160
021-7269877

Opening Hours :
Everyday : 03:00 pm - 11:00 pm



No comments:

Post a Comment