31 May 2014

D'LLYST RESTAURANT & CAFE


Hey guys! Today we're heading north to the ever popular Pantai Indah Kapuk in search of some good food... I was attracted to this place's unique outdoor walls, which is full of quotes. This newly opened at March 17, 2014 place is called D'llyst, located at PIK near Bobabits.


As you know, most of the restaurants and cafes here has an outdoor and D'llyst is no different... And let me tell you, the outdoor seat was WAY too crowded when we arrived. It was soccer day and there's a TV there which is, of course, with soccer on the air. Yeap, it's your typical nobar-ing...

Well, being not that HUGE fan of soccer, I decided to sit on the indoor table which is.... Almost absolutely empty with just a few staff hanging around. What a difference!








The interior of this place is okay... Neat and simple. There's nothing that really screams out to me though, but this is good enough. It's mostly black and white, sometimes 'black and white's can make an incredible impression if arranged amazingly, but this one is just the normal plain black and white... It's too proper to my liking. I do like the wall of quotes outside though!




Just a bit of ranting I wanna share is that the service was horrible... We were given the menu by the owner(?) maybe? Well, I don't really know, but it looks like the owner. Anyway, there's absolutely no smile, no manners, no what-so-ever that you can call hospitality! For my partner, who came from the hospitality area, this was simply unacceptable! I mean, you're running a restaurant, something that has to do with serving people, maybe you're in a bad day, but that's no excuse for not wearing a simple thing such as a 'smile'. That's like, the number 1 thing on the rules, with manners coming second!




Another disappointing fact, we arrived at 7/8 pm, which is a normal hour to have dinner, right? Nope, I guess what I normally thought was wrong, cause most of the menu was already out of stock in this hour. They must've had a pretty successful day, huh?

The worst part is, they have 3 desserts, and all 3 of them were out of stock!!! Noooo! So I guess this is all I could provide you guys with... What a night I had...



ICE ROSE TEA IDR 22K



ICE MANGO TEA IDR 22K


Did you guys notice something strange with this photo? Don't worry, this time it has nothing to do with the restaurant. Funny thing actually, it was my friend! He drank it before I got the chance to take the photo! No hard feelings though. Instead, we got a pretty good laugh out of it. :)





THAI BEEF (SALAD) IDR 39K


When I hear the words 'Salad', I automatically thought of veggies and fruits, but this another one of those that blew my mind! The main star here is beef, which is medium well and incredibly soft, put together with glass noddles and sauce which I'm guessing is Vinaigrette cause of the tangy flavor.








RATATOUILLE IDR 60K
Chicken served with herb demiglace sauce.

First thought, wow, the chicken is tiny... Maybe the taste is  better...? Heck no! The chicken was tough and the sauce was lacking. For the price, the quality was a huge disappointment. There's also a side dish but I don't really know what it is...








D'LLYST DUO PIZZA IDR 65K

They recommended us this pizza, so might as well give it a try. It was okay actually and might be better if it wasn't cold when it arrived. The dough wasn't crispy even the slightest bit, maybe that has to do with the temperature too. But topping wise, it wasn't that bad...






Not really recommending this place, but maybe it's suitable to enjoy a nice time watching soccer with bunch of friends. I hope that they will improve their service and taste in the near future though. There's always room for improvements... Best of luck!

D'llyst Restaurant & Cafe
Jl. Marina Indah
Pantai Indah Kapuk
Rukan Crown Golf Boulevard
Blok B No. 57 - 58
021-29424824

Opening Hours :
Monday - Thursday : 12:00 pm - 11:00 pm
Friday - Saturday : 12:00 pm - 1:00 am
Sunday : 11:00 am - 11:00 pm




No comments:

Post a Comment