11 June 2015

WILSHIRE - EATJKT 2015

Does anyone know about EatJKT? Wondering what it is? Well, EatJKT is a yearly event that has started at 2014, making this their 2nd appearance! How the event works is that there will be 100 restaurants participating to showcase their specially-priced set menus starting at IDR 70K nett! It's an event by Qraved and you can visit their site here for more information!


On this 2nd EatJKT event, we got a chance to try it in the ever-so-classy Wilshire! Yeah! Wilshire used to be located at the Foundry8 but for some reason, they moved to Senopati (on top of Collete & Lola)!


From the start, Wilshire already has an elegant and classy interiors but I prefer this Senopati one because personally, I think it's much more spacey than the last one!



Wilshire shares a group with Bottega and Chronicle, just fyi!



VODKA WITH MINT AND STRAWBERRY
We were welcomed by this alcoholic beverage, which I only took a sip of, since the alcohol was way too strong for me!


STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE
Well, I don't really remember what it's called but it literally tasted like strawberry shortcake made into a beverage! The waiter recommended it to me and it successfully attracted me! It looks really cute and I think they used yogurt, so it's really refreshing!


SHEILA'S CARNIVAL
This is a mocktail with a mix of strawberry, orange, passion fruit, and cranberry, topped with cotton candy! Didn't tried this, so I don't know what it tastes like. All I know is that the yellow syrup there is going to be poured onto the cotton candy!


EatJKT offered 2 set menus in Wilshire; Menu 1 costs IDR 215K/nett and Menu 2 costs IDR 349K/nett. The set menu contains an appetizer, main course and dessert. The difference between the 2 set menus are just the main course, both have the same appetizer and dessert. I personally think that EatJKT 2015 got more expensive for their set menus than last year but I guess that's because everything else is also getting much more expensive nowadays!

SESAME CHICKEN SALAD
For a salad, I actually thought it's good! They're really generous with the chicken and I liked the dressing, there's also something crispy on top, which made it all a great combination! Though it might not be my favorite menu, at least I kinda liked it and that's saying something, since this is salad we're talking about!



GARLIC NOODLES WITH PRAWNS
For set menu 1, you can choose either this or Ink Fried Rice for the main course. I chose this one and it's super good! Though it's a bit dry. the flavor's still strong, especially the garlic, so I don't recommend it if you're a vampire or don't like garlic! :p


SLOW COOKED 55 DEGREE WAGYU BOWL IN HOT STONE
Set menu 2 offers this AMAZING hot stone bowl of wagyu! For IDR 349K this is really worth it, take my words for it! Seriously, the wagyu's super tender even though they're thick slices and the sauce definitely took it to a whole other level! Other than the incredible wagyu, there're also beautiful creamy egg and corn on top of the rice. It's a hot stone bowl of perfection!



EARL GREY CREME BRULEE
Ending it with an elegant dessert seems like the perfect way to go for this set menu! Although it's called earl grey creme brulee, I don't think the earl grey really stood out but at least, it's still yummy. They could tone down the caramel, since the caramel was a bit too thick and hard to crack in my opinion!


Other than the EatJKT 2015 set menu, we got to also try some of Wilshire's signature dishes!

URBAN-EGG BURRITO
This was really something, it's like Indonesian's Nasi Goreng Gila, made into Mexican food and it tasted superb! There's a distinct smokey taste coming from the fried rice, which I find really satisfying! Well, it's no wonder that Wilshire has been well-known for their delicious dishes and the quality really fits the price!


DUCK CONFIT WITH WAFFLE AND EGG
I don't know why but everytime I see waffles, I immediately thought of breakfasts.. Anyways, the waffle here was really crispy yet tender and so was the duck confit! Totally loved this and I would be a happy gal if I could have this for breakfast everyday or even in any time of day. Not a fan of maple syrup with savory foods but I think it went well for this one!



GARLIC UDON WITH PRAWNS
It tasted exactly the same as the noodle one, only in form of udon, so if you prefer udon, this might be more suitable for you! Both tasted good!


Deeply apologize for not remembering the name of this! The meat was actually tongue and I'm positive that it's ox tongue and the rest of it was really similar to the wagyu hot stone bowl without the rice! Love how the ox tongue didn't smell at all and super tender too! Yummy!


CHOCOLATE SOIL WITH CARROT CAKE
Are you surprised that it's actually carrot cake in this soil like cake? I personally am not a carrot cake lover but this one is an exception! It's really good and topped with chocolate crumbs, which made it better! This is a must try!!


Well, Wilshire has once again prove us that they are a classy restaurant with amazing quality dishes! Now that they have made alliances with EatJKT, it's your perfect chance to try a set of courses with a super affordable price! So what are you waiting for? Go visit EatJKT now!

Wilshire
Jl. Senopati no. 64
Above Colette & Lola
Jakarta Selatan 12190
021-7228129



3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello fellow foodies! It's my first time crossing your page and I really like it. It will be nice of you if you don't mind to checkout my page here oneplatetwospoons.blogspot.com. I make reviews about restaurants and cafes around Jakarta too. Keep on inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. For a salad, I actually thought it's good! They're really generous with the chicken and I liked the dressing, there's also something crispy on top, which made it all a great combination! Though it might not be my favorite menu, at least I kinda liked it and that's saying something, since this is salad we're talking about!
    _______________________________
    Don Nichols Plumbing

    ReplyDelete