18 July 2015

HOLY SMOKES SLOW-SMOKED BBQ


Another brainchild of Erson Foods has born! If you don't know who Erson Foods is, well they're the ones behind The Holy Crab and now, here's Holy Smokes, a Texas slow-smoked BBQ house! It's located at Wolter Monginsidi area and they've opened just recently!


The chef and owner, Albert Wijaya, decided to implement the low 'n slow technique of Texas BBQ for this one. With a fast-casual dining concept, they hoped to be able to bring a family-friendly atmosphere!


After ordering your food at the counter, you'll be given this alarm remote thingy that will set off once your food is ready to be picked up and yes, you need to pick up your own foods!


For the drinks, they have a refillable choices, which are hot tea and soft drinks! It says, "Refillable, but not for sharing!" Lol!


Didn't really get the name of this salad nor did we get to try it, though it does look nice! Bet it tasted pretty good but I think the fried onion straws beats the meaning of a healthy salad..it's deep fried!



ONION STRAWS
Same ones that you'll find in the salad. Makes a great snack but definitely not a healthy one! It's a good thing that they're not overly oily, so I guess that's good. It also comes with a house-special dipping sauce!


Here's their yummy sauce! You can either choose this original one or the hot one!


TEXAS SHORT RIBS IDR 278K
Out of all the dishes I tried, this has got to be my favorite! I love how the ribs really soaked up the flavors, especially after adding some extra sauce! The meat's relatively tender as well, though the color might not be too pretty 'cause of all the black sides but it doesn't have a bitter burnt taste, so don't worry!




BBQ CHICKEN (WHOLE) IDR 150K
They have 2 choices for this, whole or half. Personally, I prefer the ribs cause the chicken was way too dry and the flavor was not as rich as the ribs but because it's chicken, the meat's still tender enough!



SOUTHERN STYLE BEEF RIBS (3 BONES) IDR 263K
Another favorite of mine! Not really different than the short ribs and again don't be scared of the black burnt color..it's good, trust me! Though this might not be as tender as the short ribs, it's still delicious for me! The ones I got had a tad too much fat though, I think they should at least cut off some of the fats, cause results were I didn't get that much meat!


SMOKEY BEEF BRISKET (3 SLICES) IDR 142K
Didn't really like this one! Don't know if it was because the fact that the meat has gone cold, since the speech took too long or if it's actually like this. The meat was same as the chicken, way too dry and since it's a well done meat, it tends to be hard. So it's like dry, hard with not much flavor, I think you can understand why I don't prefer this one!





I do hope this place the best of luck! I think they could really go somewhere if they keep focusing on increasing their quality! (The flower shot below is just to express how obsessed I am with pretty flowers! Lol!)


Holy Smokes Slow-Smoked BBQ
Jl. Wolter Monginsidi no. 27
Kebayoran Baru
Jakarta Selatan 12180
021-7221795

Opening Hours :
Everyday : 11:30 am - 10:00 pm

2 comments: