14 March 2018

CHONG QING LIU YI SHOU HOTPOT PANTAI MUTIARA JAKARTA


Yes, I know the name is pretty hard to remember and you might stifle a giggle like I did but after searching about it, we found out that Chong Qing is actually the name of a city in China. Just remember the Liu Yi Shou if it's easier..lol! In their Instagram and in maps, they also just went with Liu Yi Shou.


I don't recommend sitting at the table near the window in daylight while eating soupy food on a beach-side, not literally but well across of this place is the ocean..lol! Better find a place that won't make you sweat a lot or just come at night time.


The visitors are mostly families rather than teenage groups, maybe cause it's a hot pot kind of food?


Such convenient ladle, you can scoop up with and without the soup just using 1 ladle!


They have round tables as well for bigger groups!


There's a super complete set of condiments that you can mix all the way you want or you can just ask the waiter and they'll happily get it for you.



For the soup base, you can choose 2 flavors. We went with Mala Traditional soup and 8 Hours Bone Broth, which is actually just Collagen soup. The soup base costs IDR 118K.


I super love the collagen soup! It's super yummy and tasty with bold spices flavor. For the Mala soup, I personally find it too spicy for my taste.


Fyi, this is not an all you can eat, so you'll have to order per portion. I guess it's more pricey but the quality is really good.


VEGETABLES PLATTER IDR 78K


BEANCURD SKIN IDR 28K


MEATBALL PLATTER IDR 72K
Here are fish, prawn, beef, and pork balls and all is superb. I guess it's all homemade?


MUSHROOM PLATTER IDR 62K
I've just realized that this platter costs IDR 62K! I mean, the portion is really small, isn't mushroom not that expensive? I thought the portion would be bigger.


FISH PASTE IDR 62K
To cook this, just scoop a bit with that spoon and put it into the boiling soup and it'll turn into mini fish balls.


BEEF PLATTER IDR 188K
I don't really know which part these are but it all tastes good, especially the upper left one!



WAGYU KARUBI IDR 102K
If you're into more fatty ones, I'd recommend this one!




Though this is for the 6 of us, I personally think 2 people would be able to finish these as the portion is pretty small!


There's a basket where you can boil something separately, how convenient!



They also have other menus outside of the hotpot like these ones.

MAPO TOFU IDR 60K
The flavor of this is super strong and bold, just how I like it, too bad the portion is so small!


MALA FRIED RICE IDR 32K
LIU YI SHOU MALA NOODLE IDR 52K
Love both of these though the mala is kinda annoying as it numbs my tongue..lol! Though there's no meat in any of these, if you're a fan of mala then you'll really love these!



If I come back, I'll definitely go for their Collagen soup and Mala Fried Rice. Those 2 are my top must-haves!


Chong Qing Liu Yi Shou Hotpot
Jl. Raya Pantai Mutiara No. R4
Pluit, Jakarta
081808899777

Opening Hours :
Monday - Friday : 05:00 pm - 11:00 pm
Saturday - Sunday : 11:00 am - 11:00 pm

INSTAGRAM


1 comment:

  1. Indonesian cuisine it's my favorite. I like rendang from west sumatra.

    ReplyDelete