26 December 2015

THE AMERIKANA DINER AND DIVE


Hmm..how long has it been since the last time we went to Pantai Indah Kapuk? Well, since the news about the water tragedy, we haven't been going there much but now that they said that it's fixed, we can't be more excited to be back here! While we were browsing around from Anak Jajan's blog for some place that has an all-day breakfast menu at PIK, we immediately drooled over the photos of this place called The Amerikana! Yes, even us bloggers got hypnotized by each others photos! :D


The Amerikana...does anyone else find the name cool? I don't know why but I really like the sound of it. Okay, never mind it..back to topic! I'm sorry for forgetting to take a shot of the front of the building but it has a gray color and located in line with LIMA, plus the sign's pretty clear, so it's supposedly easy to find!


The interior is somehow like an American schools or some sport's field, don't you think so too? The lockers, the jerseys..well to me it does. Fyi, the place is not as empty as what the photo shows, trust me! When we arrived, there're already 4 tables occupied!


What saddens me is that they don't divide the smoking and non-smoking room, either that or they don't allow any smoking at all, since I didn't see any ashtray here!


Here's the inner part of the room, which is why there's not much natural light coming in. It's comfy though, since it's mostly sofa-tables!


HOT TEA IDR 15K
Believe me when I say I chose hot tea because of the rainy season and I thought it'll be the perfect beverage to warm up with, and it's definitely not because you can refill it or anything! :p


THE NOTORIUS B.I.G BREAKFAST IDR 70K
Two buttermilk pancakes, a slice of grilled pork/beef ham, two pork/beef bacon strips, two sausage links, two eggs, choice of potatoes, choice of bread.

This is a jumbo sized for me! I totally suggest to this for 2 people, since everything here comes in 2. The pancake, toast, hash brown, bacon and everything except for the sausage and ham but even that is big enough to be split into 2!


Nothing in this plate disappoints me! Nothing! All of them were superb, even the toast! Well, actually there's nothing special with the toast..that is, until you put the butter on! It's not salted or anything like how usual butters are, nope, this butter here is surprisingly sweet!


For the choice of potatoes, you can get fries, mash, or hash brown like we did. I personally prefer hash brown out of all the options, since I just love hash browns!


You can either choose beef or pork for the bacon, which of course, I chose pork! It's not as crispy as I thought it would be but that doesn't mean it's less good, I just love how it's not oily!


Just from looking at this, I'm reminiscing how fluffy it was! Let's not leave out that superb maple syrup as well! I even asked the waiter to refill it..lol!


WINGS ( TRADITIONAL/BONELESS) IDR 45K
Spread your wings! Garlic Parmesan.

Don't judge a book by it's cover! Even though this looked dry and all, it's actually delicious! Too bad it's not crispy like how it's supposed to be, since they're covered with sauce, so it's a bit mushy. Good thing the sauce is not overwhelming, I bet it's because of the tar-tar sauce! Now, you're probably wondering why I got the chicken wings..no? Well, I'm gonna tell you anyway! It's because Wednesday is wings day! Most restaurant that sells chicken wings will give out special promotion on Wednesday, like Wing Stop. Here in The Amerikana, the special promotion is a 50% discount for the wings in any flavor you want, there's buffalo, mango habanero, BBQ, red hot, original, and this garlic parmesan!


THE PLATTER IDR 55K
Traditional buffalo wings, chicken tenders, fries and cheddar bites.

Pretty much fried foods other than the wings. It's almost the whole appetizer put into 1 plate, so if you want to try'em all, I'd suggest getting this! Everything in this plate is also good, though I didn't taste any cheese in the cheddar bites..hmm?



I'd prefer the wings with other flavors than this though. Wonder what flavor this is, it's somewhat like BBQ or is this the original? Well whatever it is, it's too sweet for my liking. Thankfully, there's a dipping sauce to save the day!



EGG BENEDICT IDR 75K
Pork/beef bacon on a toasted English muffin, poached eggs, hollandaise sauce, garlic sauteed spinach, and a roast tomato.

Again, you can choose the bacon and I went with pork. Don't get fooled just because it tastes bland at first, even the hollandaise sauce! You can add salt and pepper but just a hint of it please!



At first, I also thought that this tasted very bland and added salt and pepper without thinking much and it turns out that the bacon is super salty. I think they're going to balance out the whole thing by making the other bland and the bacon salty and with my presumptuous act, I got a way too salty egg benedict! :')


Look at that perfect poached egg..tempting!


Out of all, the most memorable dish was The Notorious B.I.G Breakfast! A job well done in making everything in that plate is superb! By the way, anyone else thought that this last photo made it look like I'm having breakfast in a hotel? I even got a comment asking if this was an all-you-can-eat when I posted this photo on my path..lol!


The Amerikana
Gold Coast Blok B no 12 & 15
Pantai Indah Kapuk
Jakarta Utara 14470
08111598887

Opening Hours :
Sunday - Thursday : 10:00 am - 00:00 am
Friday - Saturday : 10:00 am - 02:00 am



No comments:

Post a Comment